Re: [mendenyo] Update on Includer and Flash Drives

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 14, 2007
      Dear Colleagues,

      I am back and immensely happy with the on going activities. I am going beyond my limit and enlarging my experience, which I owe to this lab; MS. We need to be more knowledge focused and succeed. I thank Ricardo for the good projections towards us and Africa in general. We are looking forward for more people to come, in to help with our WiFi Plan implementation! now that we are looking for the Purchase of a VAST for Internet connection and then work on the modalities for getting required repeaters for our area.

      My schedule is going to be busy as i am going out to Dar es salaam in the next one week. This is going to be a very busy month for me before i sit down for my college work which I must also complete before I Start the real implementation of the community WiFi connection. I need some breathing space before I go to the next phase of my project. The Election BUZZ and noise is Kenya is making it difficult to calculate our next move as everybody is hoping for another government let's wait and see.

      I would very much happy to receive calls from you Asif, Maria, and possibly Andrius for some adjustments to the on going activities involving me and all of you.

      ms@... wrote:
      Denis,

      Thank you again for helping us this summer with our video bridge. Yes, I
      said that I would send you flash drives and I haven't done this yet. My plan
      is to prepare a 100 MB archive of our lab's content in these next few days or
      next week and then either George Christian Jeyaraj will put them on flash
      drives and send them out from Lithuania or I will get them in Chicago and
      send them out from there.

      Ricardo, Sasha Mrkailo has organized 100 MB of content, see
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FlashDriveContent and now it would be great
      to do special collections (in 100 MB) of software (perhaps with textbooks) or
      of content specific to some area such as agriculture, wifi, Internet cafes,
      etc.

      I spoke yesterday with Lithuania's Foreign Ministry. They received our
      proposal for the USB Flash Drive Editor "Includer" http://www.includer.org
      and now they need two weeks to review it.

      I spoke several days ago with Peter Burgess and he told me his deepest value
      in life "An accountable network of human energy" and his investigatory
      question: How can we help the decision making process so we can get a lot
      more benefit from the science and technology thinking that is available? How
      can we eliminate the bad, value destroying decisions which dominate the
      space? Peter, you can work on this at Mendenyo and then at some point create
      and lead a new group based on your value.

      Samwel wrote earlier that he would be offline for about a week.

      in Oaxaca, Mexico

      Hello

      Andrius how are you this is just a quick email to say that i am back in Kenya
      and looking forward to continue with our correspondance. By the way did you
      manage to send the flash disks.

      Dennis

      DENNIS KIMAMBO
      +254-722-388-275
      PO BOX 13361 20100
      NAKURU KENYA
      EAST AFRICA
      repacted.org

      A Focus is being made on having a wireless internet connection for the
      community to help them have a place for information handling and
      transfer. There is motive of taking risks to help the community Develop.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      <*> Your email settings:
      Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: