regarding Africa Source

  • Franz Nahrada
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 19 4:00 PM
      Dear Andrius,

      thank you for sharing with us the events that led to the practical clash
      at Summer Source. I can now understand much better what happened and I
      think in the long run these things should not be "swept under the carpet"
      but seen as a result of structural shortcomings, with positive spirit on
      both sides.

      I am conveying to our groups a call (see below) from my friends in Bamenda
      (English speaking part of Cameroon) - where we tried up years ago to set
      up the Linux email Post Office. Unfortunately, time of training was much
      too short, but they kept on being interested in Linux even though most of
      the computers we sent there (another story) are broken now!! - and when I
      told them about Africa Source they wanted to participate. In this
      particular case I find it VERY sad they were not accepted because their
      spirit is really very motivated.

      Maybe if Samwel - who was accepted and is determined to go to Africa
      Source - can get in touch with them and act as a bridge. I would be very
      happy about that - giving us all a bit more hope. Thank you Andrius for
      giving me the idea!

      Franz