FW: [APC Forum] FW: An Invite: Bloggers for Burma to Stage International Online Protest October 4th

  • jeff buderer
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 3, 2007
      FYI... I am hoping to participate in this but I am not sure about the
      details. I just got this from APC list.

      Maybe some of you would be interested also.

      I hope to post about a blog about the situation in Burma tomorrow and of
      the silver lining to this tragic situation which is the fact the
      internet is demonstrating itself as a powerful tool for people to
      communicate these abuses to the world.

      jeff

      -----------

      FW: An Invite: Bloggers for Burma to Stage International Online Protest
      October 4th

      The junta in Burma (aka Myanmar) may have blacked out public internet
      access
      in the country in an attempt to prevent information about the military's
      violent crackdown on protesting monks from getting out, but the move is
      proving to be too little too late. Now http://www.free-burma.org has
      announced an International Bloggers' Day for Burma on October 4th.

      Bloggers who wish to show their solidarity with the peaceful protest are
      being asked to refrain from posting that day and instead display one of
      the
      Free Burma banners or images that have been created for the online
      protest.
      (see the example of banners at
      http://www.flickr.com/groups/479791@N25/pool/)

      A list of participating bloggers (currently more than 2,000) can be
      found at
      http://www2.free-burma.org/subscribers.php

      APC Forum is a meeting place for the APC community - people and
      institutions who are or have been involved in collaboration with
      APC, and share the APC vision - a world in which all people have easy,
      equal and affordable access to the creative potential of information and
      communication technologies (ICTs) to improve their lives and create more
      democratic and egalitarian societies.