E-meeting Thursday Oct 4 - Collaboration.- plus news of Nairobi

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 2, 2007
      October already! First Thursday is our time for a chat  - e-meeting in WorkNets Chat Room

      We will discuss "Collaboration". I will share some information about the TT Kenya participants, and how they might collaborate with others. I hope we will also learn about other projects and personal interests with a focus on collaboration. What do we want to achieve? What overlapping interests do we have? How can we help each other through closer collaboration? Thursday October 4, 2007. Starting 16:00 Kenya time, 14:00 London, 9:00 New York.

      Do join the chat if you can, and feel free to invite others.

      News of Nairobi - Samwel and Ken.
      I am very aware that although it is over three weeks since I came home from TT Kenya I have not yet shared news with LFEO (and others who know Samwel and Ken) about the wonderful day that I spent in Nairobi with them, and their kindness and generousity. We packed so much into that day. The impressions are still vivid - and I know I will draw on the many experiences often in future when I share information about what things are like in Nairobi. If I just give some keywords (each one needing several paragraphs to describe properly) you will understand why I have not yet described my day..   Walking, bus rides,  morning visit, compound with acrobats, dancers, computer training, the woman wood carver, the other artefacts, then lunch, the restaurant, the fruit salad seller, then moving on, the railway area, a different compound, the micro-credit scheme, the man who works in Kibera,  the other acrobats, the other carvers, the young men from the school for the street children, the other computer training,  drum-maker, the drumming and singing - just for Samwel and me - evening darkness, more walking, lights from small shops - so much in one day - and most importantly - getting to know Samwel and Ken.

      Pam
    • subscribe@studynook.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2007
        Pam and All:

        We have an upcoming Webinar on the 11th of OCT on Collaboration. That may be of further interest to you ALL. It covers schools and workplace and also via the internet. Just an FYI.

        Asif.