Re: [holistichelping] Prince in Brussels and our team in Torino

  • ERIC WANJAMAH
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
      Dear All,

      I would like to be included in email working groups.

      I'm a Kenyan pursuing a Masters degree in Sweden and I would participate effectively in the education domain.

      regards

      ronald omondi <obobo2002@...> wrote:
      Hi to all
      My names are Ronald Omondi from the Western part of Kenya. I work with and within a community based in Nyando District.

      I would like to be included in the mailing list and my areas of interest are Technology,Economic s and Citienship.
      Just joined the group from actalive
      Bless you all

      ms@... wrote:
      I share Prince's letter with Steve Bosserman's working group Social
      Agriculture http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/socialagri culture/
      Greetings from Torino where Maria Agnese Giraudo, Sasha Mrkailo, Paolo
      Pumilia and I had a successful day at the COMMUNIA meeting for the European
      Union's thematic network for the Public Domain. We are planning on inviting
      Samwel Kongere to join us for the January meeting in Torino. We will also be
      able to invite other Africans or future workshops. We need participants in
      five areas of the Public Domain: Education, Libraries, Technology,
      Economics, Citizenship. Please speak up if you would like to participate in
      the email working groups. I especially encourage our Africans and Indians
      because this will give us an opportunity to bring you to a meeting in Europe.
      We have also proposed to host the April meeting in Lithuania. Andrius
      Kulikauskas, http://www.ms. lt, ms@...

      Data , "Prince Obiri-Mainoo" Raðyta:
      >Hello,
      >
      > The 3rd. Annual EuroAfrica ICT meeting ended yesterday at European
      Commission building # 25 in Brussels, Belgium. As expected, there was a
      strong European presence with a disproportionally less African participation.
      I was the only Ghanaian and participant from the United States there with
      Kenya dominating with four representatives, about three coming from South
      Africa, and one Tanzanian based in South Africa who actually gave the keynote
      address. The other speaker coming from Ghana, Kwame O. Boateng from the Kwame
      Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi was not given a visa -
      so unfortunate! .

      > The conference itself highlighted on the numerous problems of Sub- Sahara
      Africa and how Europe through the European Union, could intervene through its
      ongoing ICT initiatives. At the end of the meeting, my conviction of going
      back to Africa to undertake a major computer initiative had been
      substantiated. That greater percentage of Africa´s economy depends on its
      rural population of about 70% who till the land. Unfortunately, most of these
      are either semi or outright illiterates. To help improve the situation, ICT,
      through elearning and other computing education outlets would be needed to
      make the rural folks educated and connected to the rest of the world through
      the Internet. Getting to know what is going on elsewhere among other people
      who also live on the land would be a big motivation and economic booster
      towards a more productive agricultural and other economic ventures. Thank you
      all for reading!

      >Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
      >M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
      >Executive Director
      >
      >National Africa Foundation
      >http://www.national africafoundation .org
      >P. O. Box 30237
      > Worcester, MA 01602-0237
      >U. S. A.
      >
      >Tel: + 1 508-425-4614
      > Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222
      >
      >E-mail: nationalafrica@ yahoo.com
      >
      >Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to
      come. Use them now to bless humanity!

      >“Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey
      (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and
      visionary!

      >------------ --------- --------- ---
      >Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

      http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?HolisticHelp ing

      Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you! http://www.ethicalp ublicdomain. org

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/