Prince in Brussels and our team in Torino

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 29 1:47 AM
      I share Prince's letter with Steve Bosserman's working group Social
      Agriculture http://groups.yahoo.com/group/socialagriculture/
      Greetings from Torino where Maria Agnese Giraudo, Sasha Mrkailo, Paolo
      Pumilia and I had a successful day at the COMMUNIA meeting for the European
      Union's thematic network for the Public Domain. We are planning on inviting
      Samwel Kongere to join us for the January meeting in Torino. We will also be
      able to invite other Africans or future workshops. We need participants in
      five areas of the Public Domain: Education, Libraries, Technology,
      Economics, Citizenship. Please speak up if you would like to participate in
      the email working groups. I especially encourage our Africans and Indians
      because this will give us an opportunity to bring you to a meeting in Europe.
      We have also proposed to host the April meeting in Lithuania. Andrius
      Kulikauskas, http://www.ms.lt, ms@...

      Data , "Prince Obiri-Mainoo" <nationalafrica@...> Rašyta:
      >Hello,
      >
      > The 3rd. Annual EuroAfrica ICT meeting ended yesterday at European
      Commission building # 25 in Brussels, Belgium. As expected, there was a
      strong European presence with a disproportionally less African participation.
      I was the only Ghanaian and participant from the United States there with
      Kenya dominating with four representatives, about three coming from South
      Africa, and one Tanzanian based in South Africa who actually gave the keynote
      address. The other speaker coming from Ghana, Kwame O. Boateng from the Kwame
      Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi was not given a visa -
      so unfortunate!.

      > The conference itself highlighted on the numerous problems of Sub- Sahara
      Africa and how Europe through the European Union, could intervene through its
      ongoing ICT initiatives. At the end of the meeting, my conviction of going
      back to Africa to undertake a major computer initiative had been
      substantiated. That greater percentage of Africa´s economy depends on its
      rural population of about 70% who till the land. Unfortunately, most of these
      are either semi or outright illiterates. To help improve the situation, ICT,
      through elearning and other computing education outlets would be needed to
      make the rural folks educated and connected to the rest of the world through
      the Internet. Getting to know what is going on elsewhere among other people
      who also live on the land would be a big motivation and economic booster
      towards a more productive agricultural and other economic ventures. Thank you
      all for reading!

      >Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
      >M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
      >Executive Director
      >
      >National Africa Foundation
      >http://www.nationalafricafoundation.org
      >P. O. Box 30237
      > Worcester, MA 01602-0237
      >U. S. A.
      >
      >Tel: + 1 508-425-4614
      > Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222
      >
      >E-mail: nationalafrica@...
      >
      >Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to
      come. Use them now to bless humanity!

      >“Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey
      (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and
      visionary!

      >---------------------------------
      >Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

    • ronald omondi
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 29 8:16 AM
        Hi to all
        My names are Ronald Omondi from the Western part of Kenya. I work with and within a community based in Nyando District.

        I would like to be included in the mailing list and my areas of interest are Technology,Economics and Citienship.
        Just joined the group from actalive
        Bless you all

        ms@... wrote:
[...]

        Data , "Prince Obiri-Mainoo" Raðyta:
        >Hello,
        >
        > The 3rd. Annual EuroAfrica ICT meeting ended yesterday at European
        Commission building # 25 in Brussels, Belgium. As expected, there was a
        strong European presence with a disproportionally less African participation.
        I was the only Ghanaian and participant from the United States there with
        Kenya dominating with four representatives, about three coming from South
        Africa, and one Tanzanian based in South Africa who actually gave the keynote
        address. The other speaker coming from Ghana, Kwame O. Boateng from the Kwame
        Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi was not given a visa -
        so unfortunate!.

        > The conference itself highlighted on the numerous problems of Sub- Sahara
        Africa and how Europe through the European Union, could intervene through its
        ongoing ICT initiatives. At the end of the meeting, my conviction of going
        back to Africa to undertake a major computer initiative had been
        substantiated. That greater percentage of Africa´s economy depends on its
        rural population of about 70% who till the land. Unfortunately, most of these
        are either semi or outright illiterates. To help improve the situation, ICT,
        through elearning and other computing education outlets would be needed to
        make the rural folks educated and connected to the rest of the world through
        the Internet. Getting to know what is going on elsewhere among other people
        who also live on the land would be a big motivation and economic booster
        towards a more productive agricultural and other economic ventures. Thank you
        all for reading!

        >Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
        >M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
        >Executive Director
        >
        >National Africa Foundation
        >http://www.nationalafricafoundation.org
        >P. O. Box 30237
        > Worcester, MA 01602-0237
        >U. S. A.
        >
        >Tel: + 1 508-425-4614
        > Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222
        >
        >E-mail: nationalafrica@...
        >
        >Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to
        come. Use them now to bless humanity!

        >“Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey
        (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and
        visionary!

        >---------------------------------
        >Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

        http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HolisticHelping

        Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you! http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        mailto:holistichelping-digest@yahoogroups.com
        mailto:holistichelping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 30 2:52 AM
          Thanks Ronald,

          You are really welcomed here in MS lab online list, Your are a great person. I know you are living near Kisumu and coming from the same place with Tom Ochuka of Deaf Impact. I come from the opposite side of lake Victoria South Nyanza--Suba District. I will  be very happy to invite you to join mendenyo@yahoogroups.com where we discuss Technology at it's best; including community wireless connection. I am the information Coordinator and Trainer at Tom Mboya Community Technology Learning Center (TM-CTLC).

          I am a community researcher and love online Communication. we have a real regional network in East Africa with Members of Uyoga In Tanzania, Fred in Kampala, Tom Ochuka In Kisumu, Ken Owino of Nafsi Afrika Acrobats, David Mutua of TT Kenya, and Udogo members in Mbita.We are exploring the possibility of having a WiFi connection in Ruisinga Island. As the movement and integration of the region advancing we are going to focus on having an annual meeting for members.

          Welcome,
          Sam

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/

          http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/holistiche lping/join
          (Yahoo! ID required)

          <*> To change settings via email:
          mailto:holistichelp ing-digest@ yahoogroups. com
          mailto:holistichelp ing-fullfeatured @yahoogroups. com

          http://docs. yahoo.com/ info/terms/

          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
          Cell: +254 725 600 439

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.

        • ERIC WANJAMAH
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2007
            Dear All,

            I would like to be included in email working groups.

            I'm a Kenyan pursuing a Masters degree in Sweden and I would participate effectively in the education domain.

            regards

            ms@... wrote:
> [...]

            all for reading!

            >Prince M. Obiri-Mainoo
            >M. Ed. (Technology in Education)
            >Executive Director
            >
            >National Africa Foundation
            >http://www.national africafoundation .org
            >P. O. Box 30237
            > Worcester, MA 01602-0237
            >U. S. A.
            >
            >Tel: + 1 508-425-4614
            > Fax: +1 (508) 949-3222
            >
            >E-mail: nationalafrica@ yahoo.com
            >
            >Your gifts and abilities could become lasting legacies for generations to
            come. Use them now to bless humanity!

            >“Only the best is good enough for Africa” Rev. Dr. James E. Kwegyir Aggrey
            (1875-1927) -An eminent Ghanaian clergy, missionary, educationist and
            visionary!

            >Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.

            Eryk.