Re: Video Skype with us on Sunday!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2007
      Janet, Thank you for your very helpful letters! Yes, I look forward to
      working more closely with ActALIVE members
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/actalive/ I hope some of us might connect
      this Sunday by Skype with web camera or simply audeo or chat, please let
      me know and send your Skype address. Dennis, you and all are very
      welcome to join Holistic Helping,
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/holistichelping/ a working group which
      Janet leads at our Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt Send a
      I also alert Samwel Kongere's working group Mendenyo
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mendenyo/ and Pamela McLean's working
      group Learning From Each Other
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/learningfromeachother/

      skype: minciusodas

      Re: [actalive] Re: Video Skype with us on Sunday!

      Dear Dennis, Andrius, and All,

      Great minds think alike :)! I just posted a note to the forum a few
      minutes ago
      on this, and now see yours.

      Andrius, Dennis is a longtime member of ActALIVE, and co-founder of
      youth groups
      in Kenya such as ANFORD and REPACTED, based in Nakuru. There are good
      linkages
      which can be made between ActALIVE-Holistic Helping and its members, and
      Dennis
      is one such example. I believe that he knows Sam Kongere already, for
      instance,
      because both worked (as did I) on the first World AIDS Marathon, held in
      Mbita
      in 2004.

      Eric Wanjamah and Dennis also know each other, I believe, because both have
      worked in the corrections field, with youth offenders. Dennis is now
      doing so in
      the context of the Peace Tiles Project (www.peacetiles.net), created by
      another
      ActALIVE member, Lars Hasselblad Torres.

      Andrius, see also the ActALIVE-linked project called JUMP
      (www.jumptochangetheworld.org), and know that Dennis has been involved with
      MTV's video project, "48Fest" (with a focus on HIV/AIDS), this also with an
      ActALIVE link (re the opportunity). Dennis an educator,
      theater-for-development
      practitioner, healthworker, and social-change activist.

      Dennis, I hope that you will be able to represent ActALIVE, in addition to
      REPACTED and focus on your individual work, especially as I will not be
      able to
      attend these meetings until my father's healthcare is addressed.

      Andrius, it's very important if not crucial for the sustainability and
      effective
      functioning of the ActALIVE coalition and all of its members that our
      network
      and the organizations w/which we are affiliated--as well as individual
      members--are represented, encouraged, and supported in these
      conversations and
      in a public way. This is one of my own goals in any virtual collaborations.

      Immense thanks and artistic affections to all, Janet