Join us Sunday for Video Skype!

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 5, 2007
      I'm still looking for people we might engage by Video Skype for our
      video bridge this Sunday with sculptor Algirdas Zokaitis. Our topic is
      How might artists in Lithuania present their art work in other
      countries? If you would like to share your thoughts, or simply would
      like to try out your web camera, please join us! My Skype is
      minciusodas and we will be online Sunday, September 9, 2007 from 17:00
      to 21:00 Lithuania time or Kenya time, that is 15:00 to 19:00 London
      time, 7:00 to 9:00 California time.

      Here is a letter that I wrote to the ActALIVE group which Janet Feldman
      leads: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/actalive/

      Hello Janet and all!

      I am looking for an artist, or somebody who works with artists, who
      would like to speak with us by Video Skype using a web camera.

      I am organizing a series of video bridges and this Sunday our topic is:
      How might artists in Lithuania present their art work in other
      countries? I think there are many people here who have shown their work
      in other countries. Perhaps you might share your experience?

      In order to participate, you will need a web camera (about $25), a
      computer, an Internet connection, Windows or Macintosh operating system,
      and the Skype software http://www.skype.com which is available for free.

      My Skype address is: minciusodas

      We will be online on Sunday, September 9, 2007 from about 17:00 to 21:00
      Lithuania time or Kenya time, that is 15:00 to 19:00 London time, 7:00
      to 9:00 California time. If you alert me (my email is ms@...), then
      perhaps we can talk earlier, too.

      If you might speak with us, then also we're very interested to learn
      about your projects and look for ways that we might support your work.
      I lead the Minciu Sodas laboratory http://www.ms.lt for serving and
      organizing independent thinkers around the world.

      We're organizing this for our friend, sculptor Algirdas Zokaitis who has
      dedicated his entire life to the arts but is still wondering how to
      share his work more broadly. It is a challenging question. But I know
      that ActALIVE artists have done this many ways including the Internet,
      traveling exhibits, workshops. Also, your art helps us address
      challenges including HIV/AIDS and we might learn from your experience
      how they connect.

      I hope you might join us!

      You might also alert us to video work that you have done, or to websites
      that we might visit with your work.

      +370 699 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania