Re: [learningfromeachother] Chat Thursday 2:00 pm Nairobi with Teachers Talking
i arrived in Nairobi this morning and preparing to meet Pamela with ken Owino. David is going to pick us up.
Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:
Great! I have put the announcement of our chat this Thursday:
PamelaMcLean is in Kenya until September 6, 2007. She invites us to chat
with her TeachersTalking participants on Thursday, August 30th, 7:30 am
New York time, 12:30 pm London, 2:30 pm Nairobi.
I will be there from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm Nairobi time if anybody might
like to chat. Who would like to join us?
Also, Pamela, please ask your participants and others you meet, which of
our lab's working groups they'd like to join. I include a list below
and it is also at http://www.worknets.org It's great if they might
belong to different groups according to their interests because they can
then share news and connections. In particular, Josephat Ndibalema
leads our new group in Kiswahili, Haki Elimu Rafiki.
Hi to David, Samwel and all!
+370 699 30003
* GlobalVillages led by FranzNahrada for a livable world by sharing
knowledge in a global network of villages - linked by networks of
virtual and physical cooperation, using tools like video bridges
* FightingPeacefully led by ElunedHurn for energetically,
nonviolently working for peace
* SocialAgriculture led by SteveBosserman for social justice that
provides a steady supply of affordable, healthy food
* HolisticHelping led by JanetFeldman for Helping in every direction
at once, with special attention to the HIV/AIDS challenge in Africa
* LearningFromEachOther led by PamelaMcLean for developing
DistanceLearning systems, especially for self-directed learners with
marginal Internet access
* Cyfranogi led by JohnRogers for creating our own
CommunityCurrency, OpenEconomy, ParticipatorySociety
* LovingGod for inviting God as a leader and fostering his leadership
* Karangal led by GeorgeChristianJeyaraj for HelpingOthers,
especially technical help with computers
* BackToTheRoot led by JeffBuderer for being connected to ourselves,
living sustainably and growing as leaders
* WorkingInParallel for creating, adapting and using
ToolsForThinking, OnlineWorkspaces, LearningEnvironments ... we're
seeking a leader!
* LivingByTruth led by AndriusKulikauskas for seeking a conceptual
understanding of everything
* MeaningfulInclusion led by MarkusPetz for vigorous
SocialNetworking that includes everybody in profound ways
* Mendenyo (Men without food) led by SamwelKongere for motivating
ourselves to achieve more, investing in WiFi Internet access
* FluPandemic led by LucasGonzalezSantaCruz for collaborative
creativity, especially to save lives in the event of a pandemic flu
* EthicalDesign led by JamesFerguson for developing and promoting
city codes that lead to ecological architecture
* TheOptimalLife led by SteveBonzak for understanding the optimal
life and how living things work
* OpenSourceEcology led by MarcinJakubowski
* EcoBnB led by RickNelson
* OneReachingAnother led by FredKayiwa
* NafsiAfrikaSaana led by Kennedy Owino
* Talka led by ZenonasAnusauskas for discovering collective ways in
* NewCraft led by ChristineAx for reinventing manual work for a
* HakiElimuRafiki led by JosephatNdibalema in Kiswahili
Pamela McLean wrote:
> Andrius Sasha and all those who chat
> Latest news - David and I met co-ordinating committee yesterday, and I
> have seen the place where we will do the training. This promises to be
> an exciting scheme very relevant to MS lab. It will be great if you
> can chat to participants at the chat room during their course, start
> to get to know each other and give the participants a wider vision of
> the potential of online communities.
> During the TT course we will be telling people about chat rooms.
> It is most likely that our opportunity to visit a chat room will be
> Thursday afternoon - sometime between 2.00 and 4.00 pm Kenyan time.
> Probably it will be after 2.30 but I will try to make
> it sooner.
> I will be showing the participants Andrius' chat room, and I hope they
> will find people to chat with there. If you know in advance that you
> will be there please say so it would be wonderful to know they will
> find people there .
> Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
> Yahoo! Groups Links
Each letter sent to Learning From Each Other enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org Please be kind to our authors!
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
Samwel Okech kongereNyamuga primary schoolP.O BOX 191,MBITA 040305-KENYA.Cell: +254 725 600 439Information Networking and E-learning TrainingsUDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories
Pinpoint customers who are looking for what you sell.