Re: [holistichelping] Topics for Video Bridges?

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
      Dear All,

      Exciting activities, plans, and possible synergies and directions!

      A couple things come to mind: several weeks ago I posted to Andrius about possible linkages--in the form of webinars, video-bridges, chats--between ActALIVE (www.actalive.org) and MS forums.

      ActALIVE is a global arts coalition whose members use arts to address HIV/AIDS and development issues, with members in at least 30 countries. Artists and anyone addressing health and development topics could be included in one of these bridges. There are some ActALIVE members at HH (and vice versa) already.

      Linking communities and individuals who are differently-abled, and/or involved/interested in same, is another possible topic. You have mentioned something like this to Tom Ochuka in a recent note, Andrius.

      On your immediate request, it seems the easiest way for these artists to gain exposure would be virtually, ie via virtual gallery. Also possibly organizing a physical exhibit for travel, and linking with diaspora communities around the world. Ask these communities to help do outreach to galleries and other venues.

      The European Union should have a cultural-exchange program and be supportive of cultural activities, so finding who to link with in that regard within Lithuania will hopefully open opportunities for travelling exhibits within the EU, and possibly beyond.

      With a bit more time, I might be able to find people to be involved in this kind of bridge. If I can do so this coming week, I will, but I have full-time care of my father until we can get help, so I may not have time to do outreach for next Sunday.

      I look forward to finding ways in which MS and oneVillage can work together, too, as both have so much in common re goals, outlook, and vision. If there is anything I can do to be of service in this regard, plz let me know.

      With blessings and excitement, Janet

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007
        Hi Andrius

        ... some replies in between lines below...

        On 9/2/07, Andrius Kulikauskas <ms@...> wrote:

        Franz, Dante, Markus, Synnove, Janet and all,

        I share my responses to a variety of activity going on at our lab.

        Dante, Markus, would either of you be able to help us find speakers to
        engage for this topic? I could easily devote 100 euros for such work if
        you can help us find at least one volunteer speaker. Another question
        that we need a speaker to engage is Fikratas Salimov's video bridge on
        "Why don't the roma integrate themselves into Lithuanian life?"

        Yes Andrius , actually , I was invited at the last minute ( two days ago ) to use the opportunity of a meeting supported by youth grants of the council of europe in Krakow on Ethnic Minorities , but ended up not accepting it as I prefer focusing on the experience of staying in a place for longer then 10 days.

        This meeting starts today :

        http://www.unityindiversity.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=133&Itemid=51

        http://www.google.ee/search?q=fyeg+ethnical+minorities&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=com.ubuntu:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

        and as www.fyeg.org ( which is also an organization Marcus knows :-) ) has choosen " all different , all equal " as a theme for their 2007 year , maybe there is a chance , if not during this seminar , maybe afterwords , that you could get some people at fyeg - or their member organizations spread all over europe - interested in opening up video bridges on such topics.

        Moreover , www.fyeg.org has become the official youth organization of the european greens , and they have the capacity to facilitate partnerships to apply for grant money to support projects.

        Although I do not engage in following up on such project , when some of the fyeg board members will be back online it might be possible to discuss the idea of video bridges with them.

        ps : having myself some views from different ethic minorities in different european regions , the one I have been thinking about more often recently , as I spend more and more time in the baltic , is the russian speaking " soviet " minority in baltic countries.

        I mention " soviet " because there seems to be a big distinction in attitude between Russians that have accepted a transition and adapted to it , and Russians that stay in a " soviet " perspective and mentality , that seem to have difficulties to accept their lost power , and adapt to new situations after the fall of soviet power and influence over the baltic.  I know it is a important question in the daily lives of Estonians , Latvians , and ( maybe to a lesser extent ? ) Lithuanians. It also seems that the ( growing ? ) re?building of a sense of russian power and pride within russia itself , to my own feeling ,  tends to put further pressure , sometimes through a combination of pressures from russian minorities nostalgic of soviet times and of a powerful russian neighbour state , on internal affairs in some of the baltic countries ? although i do not know the situation in all its complexity yet , it is more of some path of questioning towards understanding how greater communication can develop between such communities. In Estonia ( maybe more then in other Baltic Countries ? ) the cultural gap seems to be so big that both communities do not seem to be mixing much , not even in schools attended by children from both communities and cultures ( as classes often seem to be separated ? )

[...]

        Yes , I wish you ( the spreading of ) peaceful loving determination and infinite inner strength and energy through use of greater consciousness

[...]

        it would be nice to integrate everything indeed :-)

        a few hours ago , I sent a mail to a friend who is a programmer and also a specialist of wiki s , and asked him some questions regarding mapping wikis ... which could be a first experiment - although not exactly the tool I described earlier in my brainstorming following Stella s reply.

        But maybe you already know of such kind of tools that can integrate the structures of relations within wiki s ?

        Stella, thank you for your deep letters! and I include a link to my own
        attempt to "know everything and apply that knowledge usefully":
        http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingByTruth/Overview

        Absolutely. I also forgot to mention in my last letter how glad I am about the reference shared by Stella about

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Bohm

        which was unknown to me , and which I find very interesting. Thanks Stella.

        Good night,

        Oups , yes  , its already half past five in the morning...

        +370 699 30003
        Vilnius, Lithuania

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2007

        • subscribe@studynook.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
            Janet:

            If ActALIVE wants to reach an audience that is dispersed but connected via the internet, and wants a conference, you can let me know and I will set up a Webinar.

            Asif.

            href="http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?GlobalVillageIndex">http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?GlobalVillag eIndex

            href="http://www.worldspace.com/about/">http://www.worldspa ce.com/about/ and they have a need for content that

            href="http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?FlashDriveContent">http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?FlashDriveCo ntent

            href="http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?InternetAccess">http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?InternetAcce ss

            href="http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?LivingByTruth/Overview">http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?LivingByTrut h/Overview

            >Good
            night,

            >Andrius
            >
            >Andrius Kulikauskas
            >Minciu
            Sodas

            href="mailto:ms%40ms.lt">ms@...
            >+370 699 30003
            >Vilnius,
            Lithuania

            href="http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HolisticHelping">http://www.worknets .org/wiki. cgi?HolisticHelp ing

          • subscribe@studynook.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 2, 2007
              Andrius:

              I already sent software versions that I do not use to Samwel - they include ADOBE software (Premiere, Photoshop) and MACROMEDIA Software (Fireworks, Flash, Dreamweaver, Cold Fusion) and 5 128 MB USB Bus'. This should help the women move forward with marketing their strengths via using the software and saving data onto the USBs. I am waiting to hear if he got the materials that were sent 3 weeks ago.

              Asif.