Re: [holistichelping] Safe and sound in Sweden (sss)

  • ERIC WANJAMAH
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 30, 2007
      Thanks Janet, it promises to be exciting but I must add very demanding. I have already submitted two papers to be reviewed by the Professor and it is barely a week.

      Yes, it is more of sssshh than zzzz here. The neighborhoods are so quite you would be forgiven to think no one lives in them. People are polite, no loud noise, obeying rules...a beautiful place.

      What does for me is the international exposure that the course offers. Today I had tea at 10am with a Pakistani, sat next to a Korean in class, went shopping with a South African, am sitting in the computer lab between a Cuban and a Bangladeshi...it is the height of globalization for me.

      Will definitely do with the networks.

      Be well

      Eric

      Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
      Hello Dear Eric and All,
      Fantastic news, and better "sss" than "zzz", haha!! Thanks so much for the news abt the laptop too, and this program you are attending sounds incredible!  Please keep us informed about your work and the contacts you make with others in Africa and globally. It sounds like there are great possibilities for joint work on social issues, as you point out, and we'll be eager to investigate same!
      You may be interested to link with Fred Ouko of KCYP in Kibera on his contacts and partners in Sweden (I can connect you), and I believe there is a chapter of the Kenyan Community Abroad in Sweden I can link you with too, when I find that info.
      With excitement and kindest regards, and blessings always, Janet