Networking for Pam's Kenya visit/KAIPPG-Ikonzo Musanda-Udogo

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 22, 2007

      Dear Pam, David, Sam, James, Francis, and All,

      Hello and wonderful to hear abt this networking and possible meeting up!  I will do more networking myself this weekend for you, and let me know if you are aiming for Sept 2 in Nairobi as a date for general meet-up. Also if Pam can travel to other places, like Mumias (where KAIPPG is), Mbita, and Kisumu.

      Quickly now, David has mentioned trying to contact James, so I'm linking you together, in case you want James or someone at KAIPPG to be involved with the Teachers Talking seminar. I will also cc Francis Anyona of Ikonzo Musanda Self-Help Group in Busia, one of KAIPPG's partners in GRASSUP, as Francis is in Nairobi, and Ikonzo works in schools (esp on environmental education and ICTs).

      Francis and/or James, hope you can meet with Pam McLean (of CAWD, a development org based in the UK, which serves communities in Nigeria and works with the Fantsuam Foundation and The Commonwealth of Learning...in fact, we all have a "Krishna" connection!), and David Mutua of CAWD-Kenya while Pam is visiting Kenya (Aug 24-Sept 7).

      Pam, David, and others at CAWD are in particular using ICTs and virtual learning environments as development tools, and Pam is coming to Kenya in part to do a seminar related to their highly-successful "Teachers Talking" program in Nigeria.

      Pam is at pam@..., David at davenzainga@..., James at kaippg@..., Francis at francisanyona@....  Samwel Kongere of the Udogo Youth Development nonprofit in Mbita (he knows and networks with Kennedy Onyango of CISSO/Edtec, a GRASSUP partner), will hopefully also meet up with everyone.

      Sam is an educator, nonprofit administrator, and ICTs aficionado (quickly becoming an expert!), and he is a key participant and organizer at the Minciu Sodas Laboratory for Independent Thinkers (www.ms.lt). Sam is at skongere@....  He is also helping to organize Uyoga, a transnational youth-oriented group, with friends in Tanzania.

      David, James can also be reached at 0734943649, and Francis at 0721405502.  I do not have your # handy, but hope you can cc everyone with it.

      I'll do more networking, of GRASSUP members and others, and hope that's helpful!  Thanks too, dear FF James, for your lovely note, and more this weekend to you too!

      With blessings and greatest appreciation, Janet