Kibera project footage-you tube link

  • nafsiafricaacro
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
      I am done with the second upload of the Kibera project, you can check
      it out on the links below.
      My link is;
      http://nl.youtube.com/profile?user=nafsiacrobats
      The link to the Kibera is
      http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xtptbCJ3klo

      Regards,

      Ken
      christopher macrae <chris.macrae@...> wrote:
      8 minute video of slum children learing acrobat training

      Kennedy sounds great - please copy guilhem too as he's hoping to get
      samuel's kibera videos some time - polish friends of samuel are
      sending us a dvd if they get to London

      different people like different things but the bit where childredn
      were preparing to learn acrobats and were smilingly repeating rule 1
      is dicipline would be a good start imo

      we should hear other opinions; I know when a story communicates on
      video as i spent 20 years testing ad video stories but that does not
      mean I know how to storytell (a film director is the last job in the
      world I would take on)

      chris

      Kennedy Owino <nafsiafricaacro@...> wrote:
      Hey Chris,

      Am glad you got my first upload, it cost me alot timely-am still
      fresh in such tasks you know.

      The children participating are from Kawangware slums.
      I will try to parcel the upload into two minutes stream and also add
      the names of the youth communities.
      But mean while i have to work on the Kibera presentation which is
      still giving me hectic time in editing, and formatting.
      I hope it will be readily available in the u-tube on Friday-you can
      check it out then.

      Stay blessed,

      Ken

      christopher macrae <chris.macrae@...> wrote:
      Dear Kennedy

      Lovely empowerment video http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lV73Jz13uaU -
      great for network meetings live; needs parcelling into 2 minutes
      streams for youtube

      which communities of children (Kibera, other?) are actually
      participating ; it would be great if you could add the names of the
      youth communities involved in your labels

      chris

      Kennedy Owino <nafsiafricaacro@...> wrote:
      Hi Chris, sam , Angie,

      Only one video is available for viewing, there was a problem in
      uploading the Kibera one, i will rework on it tommorow.
      I will keep in touch.
      Below is the link;
      Embeded object: <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie"
      value="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV73Jz13uaU"></param><param
      name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed
      src="http://www.youtube.com/v/lV73Jz13uaU" type="application/x-
      shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425"
      height="350"></embed></object>

      Love,

      Ken

      christopher macrae <chris.macrae@...> wrote:
      I still cannot find this video on youtube ; if anyone does find the
      bookmark, please tell me

      chris

      Kennedy Owino <nafsiafricaacro@...> wrote:
      Hi Chris,

      To find the link to the film plese check this key words- kibera
      slums, nafsi africa acrobats project.
      The title is Nafsi africa training project in Kibera.The other
      footage is titled- Nafsi Afrika acrobats "lo sipirito dell' Afrika".

      thanks,

      Ken

      ----------
      Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your
      story.
      Play Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      ----------
      Yahoo! Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it
      now.
    • jeff buderer
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2007

        Kennedy,

        This is great and inspiring work you are doing. I think the found

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      • samuel kongere
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2007
          Jeff,

          we are both interested to share with the world what we do here. Thanks you can include the footage and please inform us of what you are planning for Kibera.
          Sam

          jeff buderer <jeff@...> wrote:
          Kennedy,
          This is great and inspiring work you are doing. I think the foundation for a healthy child and human being is being active in these kind of acrobatics wherever you are. I may add something about this in my blog in the coming weeks.
          Also to you, Samwel, Josephat and others www.wiserearth is a way to get your work out to the world on the internet and to donors. There are over 90000 organizations listed there including KCYP http://www.wiserear th.org/organizat ion/view/ 22919edc7d2f9b84 aacc0f09ba5dadb6 and OVF among many other groups working in Africa.
          I can help you to work through a brief document to summarize your work on this Portal.
          Let me know if you are interested.
          Jeff

          Kennedy Owino <nafsiafricaacro@ yahoo.com> wrote:
[...]

          MBITA  040305-KENYA.
          Cell: +254 725 600 439

        • samuel kongere

            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 15, 2007

              Sam,

              My thought would be to set up a center like we have long talked about but with a special provision for new educational model focused on body movement and the importance of body movement as a way to help develop effective skills to cope with the challenges of life.

              (Message over 64 KB, truncated)