Re: [holistichelping] Seeking a Laptop for graduate school

    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007

      Dear Eric and All,

      Hello and excellent follow-up!  It's great to get the clarifications, and apologies if I misunderstood abt Jon sending it to the USA.  It's great that you can get a second-hand one for around $150, and what is your thinking on this, Robert?  That would give time enough for a tourist from Toronto to be found.

      Perhaps Jon could advertise in a Toronto paper, or contact some travel agents and international nonprofits--as well as universities--to see who might be going to Nairobi and when, or to Sweden for that matter, as perhaps now --if you can buy a used laptop in Nairobi--the one from Jon could be brought directly to Sweden by a tourist.

      Very interesting program and/or idea Jon has, and I support it!

      Hope among us and with the help of other friends, you can buy something for $150. You have 3-4 weeks now, I think, so let's keep in touch and hope we can be of help!

      With thanks and greatest blessings, Janet

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007
        Janet:

        I understand the Aga Khan is going to East Africa and thus many of his followers from Canada are going to East Africa too to get blessed. You may want to see an Ismaili or a mosque for Ismailis and advertise there or speak to someone there - they are going real soon.

        Asif.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3, 2007

          Dear Asif and All,

          Thanks so much for this excellent tip!!  Perhaps the donor will do that!  We have some fantastic news: someone who saw the posting has offered to donate $100, and if myself or someone else can manage $50, then Eric has a laptop, even if not the one donated (yet).  Eric, we can start shouting for joy now!!

          Thanks too for your other note, Asif, and I look forward so much to working with you too!! Blessings and greatest appreciation (one angel to another, haha!!), Janet

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2007
            Janet:

            FYI: Someone in Canada will have to look for an Ismaili to send out the laptop. I am in Florida. I'll ask around but don't count on me as I am not there personally.
            Does it have to come from Toronto or Vancouver or??

            Asif.