Re: Eric: the Laptop and More/David Mutua and others w/cameras

  • David mutua
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2007
      Dear Janet, Eric, James and All,
      I trust this finds you all well, Janet someone i know
      is planning to travel from the US to Kenya this
      month, if Eric (Met at the Onet - Gulu) is willing, i
      can request the person to assist though she leaves in
      Ohio and have no idea how it can reach her..what do
      you think?

      Janet and James, do guys know each other? I know Janet
      through online discussions and James through the
      Commonwealth of Learning (COL) partners or links in
      Kenya.

      James, i am doing a project Teacher Talking - About
      ICT's in schools and communities in rural Kenya with
      support from Commonwealth of Learning and Pamela
      McLean of CAWD -UK. This is a basic ICT training and
      awareness on ICT4 Education and development, from 27th
      - 31st August 2007, Pam and I will run a training
      workshop that will be followed by monthly online
      meetings for 6 months, this training will involve
      selected teachers from all secondary schools in
      Kangundo District.
      Krishna from COL suggested that we explore areas of
      common interest that can be build from the COL
      partnerships in Kenya, i am interested in knowing what
      we do that fits in with your work. Can we arrange for
      a meeting please, I am based in Nairobi. Its will be
      nice too to invite other COL link in Kenya.....lets
      explore.

      Regards,

      David

    • tom ochuka
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
        Dear JANET AND ALL

        We have had lots of good time meeting in the
        rooms,this time it is good all together to put to the
        ground all that we discuss in the chating,so that our
        projects are just in the fields.
        We have already chcken and haveto add to ur stock in
        kisumu and ahero,we atoo have plans to grow sugar cane
        This is agood crop that can help offer emplyment and
        enerprenur to the deaf in Ahero,this is good we ahve
        laid down,plans for 2cres as astart..this ios avital
        project.
        Fred have you just put the hives on and are the bees
        geeting some honet ready in uganda?
        This is abetterway of moving from one cht room to
        another.
        DEAFIMPACT.

        that gives answers, not web links.