Andrius: FABULOUS MIND-MELD!!/Members: see exciting "chat" info!

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hello Dear Andrius and All,

      I am so delighted to get this from you here, and have just been formulating an email and idea in my mind about how I would like ActALIVE members to engage in chats along these same lines!!!

      I have been wondering aloud (to myself, so you must have read my mind...or there was a bugging device--now embedded in my digestive tract--in those delicious chocolates you sent, haha!!) about whether and how we could link ActALIVE directly to our work at MS and related forums, and vice-versa.

      For all, I moderate one of the working groups of the Minciu Sodas (which means "orchard of thoughts" in Lithuanian) Laboratory for Independent Thinkers (www.ms.lt), whose founder is Andrius Kulikauskas.

      The name of my working group is Holistic Helping (subscribe if interested by sending a blank mail to holistichelping-subscribe@yahoogroups.com), denoting my varied interests and integrative approach to development (from the personal to the global...and back again, haha!).

      Pam McLean, Joy Tang, yourself (Andrius), Synnove Mathe, Ibrahim Halkano, Wendi Losha Bernadette, and Lenny Boniface are ActALIVE and Holistic-Helping members already. Ken Owino, with his work in arts for development (Nafsi Afrika Acrobats); Tom Ochuka of Deaf Impact Ministry (hoping to use video and arts for educational initiatives for and about the Deaf community in Kenya); and Sam Kongere (of Udogo Youth Development)--with some focus on craft-making and sales to bring income into communities in Kenya affected by HIV/AIDS and poverty--might all be interested in ActALIVE.

      We have a number of members at ActALIVE using ICTs in their work, or who are working in this field, and Holistic Helping is also focusing in part on this subject, in addition to Pam McLean's MS-related working work, "Learning From Each Other" (learningfromeachother-subscribe@yahoogroups.com).

      Join ActALIVE by sending a blank mail to actalive-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. ActALIVE is composed of individuals and groups who use the arts and media to address HIV/AIDS and development, and we have members around the world. I founded the coalition 5 years ago, and you can read more abt us at www.actalive.org.

      There are so many stories--and hopefully pix, videos, audio--we can share among ActALIVE members, and between AA members and those at HH and MS! In that way, we would not only get to know each other better, but we might be more effective in our individual and joint work.

      One thing I would also like to consider is a joint "Rising Voices" application! New ActALIVE co-moderator, Tawanda Chisango of Patsime Trust (which uses theatre to address development issues)--supported in part by SAfAIDS (www.safaids.org.zw) in Zimbabwe--did send in an application for Round #1, as did Andrius. We might be able to amplify the rising voices among us if we work together!

      Engaging in these chats and Webinars on a regular basis would be somewhat like having the kind of international festivals I have long hoped to organize, along the lines of One World Beat (in which Andrius has taken part as a musician), though for ActALIVE members and others using the arts and media to address HIV/AIDS and development issues.

      For everyone at ActALIVE, I urge you join these chats (tomorrow and beyond), and I will be there myself on a regular basis in the fall, once my father comes home and issues of his care are addressed.

      Immense thanks again for your thoughtfulness and outreach, Andrius, and long may we engage in this "treemendous" work together :):)! Artistic affections always, Janet