Wireless network for Actwid Kongadzem in Cameroon

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2007
      Wendi and all,

      I share your important letter with our groups. I am writing a larger
      proposal that will address your situation:
      * A) first by allowing you to participate more fully even with marginal
      Internet access by enabling you to download all of our activity and
      upload yours
      * B) second by providing you with technical information on how to create
      your own local wireless network (allowing for links within and amongst
      your villages) and then steadily expanding your network until you
      connect with the closest Internet access points.
      * C) third by opening up work opportunities so that you can earn money
      with offline knowledge work that will pay for your efforts and also for
      wireless Internet access points and computers so you can keep expanding
      your network

      This will be an ongoing effort over several months and even several
      years. But my hope is to make progress with A) during the next few
      months and look for small work that you can do so that we can stay
      connected and work towards B) and C).

      Thank you for staying in touch! We are grateful to be connected with
      your important work! We are especially encouraged that you are linking
      women with ICT, as this is very important for a healthy society, both
      locally and globally.

      I have updated the page for this endeavor:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Internet
      and listed it with our proposals:
      http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?Proposals

      I haven't been able to find your proposal yet but please send it to our
      groups if you have it and lets post it at our wiki.

      I invite our thoughts on how we might help and work together.

      +370 (699) 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      Re: ACTWID KONGADZEM RURAL NGO IN BAMENDA CAMEROON STILL PLEADS TO YOU
      TO JOINTLY DISCUSSOUR COMMUNICATION PROBLEMS WITH THAT OF
      SAMUELE/COMMUNIA PROJECT YOU HAVE MENTIONED.