Thanks to your online advive on Videos

  • samuel kongere
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28, 2007
      I have the most hectic time so far, rushing with activities and and doing what is necessary to do. I have all problems here and I reached Kisumu yesterday evening with my friends from Polland. They had to change their flight due to some family problems back home.
      I communicated with Issa and was happy that you attended the conference on our behalf. I see the spring wheel is running and soon results of our Nairobi meeting last June will give fruits. wonderful. I am going to leave Kisumu this afternoon to Mbita. We plan to share a few inputs later as I am going to be right in  your center before we cross over again.
      To all members of our Lab I' m thankful that we are going along way but limitations can't allow our progress as we are divided by several services. I have tried the hints given to me by Asif, Chris, Maria, Guilhem and Sasha but the ISP which serves us won't allow the upload of the videos. I have decided to send the DVDs and Cds to Guilhem who will upload them in my yutube account Nyamuga. The DVDs and CDs will reach this week as my friends are living for London tomorrow morning from Nairobi.
      I thank everybody for giving me online lessons on how to work with the movies and pictures great training online. I love our way of correspondence in the lab. I will request of some volunteers coming to Kenya who can help train women in our ICT center where we have a few computers to train women and young girls. The project is targeting 3000 women and 200 male youths for three years. we were amazed with the situation here, the women are very much interested with basic computer trainings our first intake was like 50 with a target of 100 women but it went up with more than 150. We have decided to get help from a church premises for hostel purposes. Our next intake is in September for about 200 women if we are able to get more computers, now the trainees share computers.
      We only have one Internet point in Mbita Town which is very expensive and cannot serve much interest of the community. You can only access if you are able to pay 50$ per month. This Internet is ICIPE an international research on health activities. If we can get funds, we will be able to start the first Internet cafe here, because our training is incomplete without covering Internet. We need these women to more concerned in improving the flow of business contacts , most of the are small scale entrepreneurs.
      Let's share this,

      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439