EuroAfrica-ICT Workshop: Links (to ppts) and More Info

    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 9, 2007

      The fourth EuroAfrica-ICT awareness workshop will be held on July 26 & 27 at the Hilton Hotel (Nairobi, Kenya). This 2 day event is a key component of the EuroAfrica-ICT initiative since it is aiming at connecting sub-Saharan African and European organisations for ICT partnerships in the framework of the FP7 and to develop scientific and technological cooperation between the two regions.

      Workshop attendees will be able to: 1) Receive updated information on the EuroAfrica-ICT initiative and the opportunities it offers  2)  Collect updated and comprehensive data on the ongoing FP7/ICT call for proposals (for those interested in submitting a project proposal to the EC for funding)  3) Network with their peers in the field.

      The event will gather the main stakeholders in the field (universities, ICT entrepreneurs, public stakeholders, NGOs, EC representatives, international or regional organisations dealing with ICT, etc.), both from sub-Saharan African and European Union countries, and all interested in Research and Development in ICT or involved in S&T cooperation between the two regions. This workshop is supported by the African e-Development Resource Centre (AeDRC), Kenya, the Science and Technology -Europe Africa Project (ST-EAP) consortium partners, the Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), South Africa and the African Academy of Sciences (AAS), Kenya.

      Registrations (attendance is free but pre-registrations are compulsory):

      You can download from the url listed above, if you have a powerpoint program:

      Proposal idea template l Expression of interest template

      Please visit http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/index.html and click on "Awareness Workshops" for the PowerPoint templates and draft agenda.  Should you require a template be emailed to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.  The deadline for submission of your presentation will be July 12 and should be returned to rnaidoo@....  Selection will be made on a "first come first serve" basis.

      Rebecca Naidoo
      Research & Development Initiatives Coordinator
      Meraka Institute
      Ph: +27-12-841 2948
      Fax: +27-12-841 4720

    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 10, 2007
        I believe, if Tom attends this two day meeting for ICT in Nairobi, he will be doing great to represent us all. Over these days, I will be busy home and going to Masai Mara for two days visit with friends. I will meet Tom on 20-22 in Kisumu to plan. I hope also to take videos of the deaf.
        Great Janet for your caring connections, i hope Eric will call me to find a meeting place.
        Bye!
        Sam

        Please visit http://www.euroafri ca-ict.org/ index.html and click on "Awareness Workshops" for the PowerPoint templates and draft agenda.  Should you require a template be emailed to you, please do not hesitate to contact me.  The deadline for submission of your presentation will be July 12 and should be returned to rnaidoo@csir. co.za.  Selection will be made on a "first come first serve" basis.
        Rebecca Naidoo
        Research & Development Initiatives Coordinator
        Meraka Institute
        Ph: +27-12-841 2948
        Fax: +27-12-841 4720

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439

        Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!

      • tom ochuka
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 10, 2007
          Dear Sam,
          Greetingsto you ,thiswill be agoodtme howmany
          visitorswill you come with we shal go to our site to
          met the deaf and the failies,weshall to visit our
          proposed land where the centre shall be built.
          We are bussy preparing for your arrival Sam.
          THANKS
          TOM OCHUKA...

          http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/awareness_workshops.html

          http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/awareness_workshops_formulaire.html

          http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/downloads/Awareness_Workshops/Nairobi/Programme_Kenya_050707.pdf

          > You can download from the url listed above, if you
          > have a powerpoint program:
          >
          > Proposal idea template l Expression of interest
          > template
          >

          > Please visit
          > http://www.euroafrica-ict.org/index.html and click
          > on "Awareness Workshops" for the PowerPoint
          > templates and draft agenda. Should you require a
          > template be emailed to you, please do not hesitate
          > to contact me. The deadline for submission of your
          > presentation will be July 12 and should be returned
          > to rnaidoo@.... Selection will be made on a
          > "first come first serve" basis.
          >
          > Rebecca Naidoo
          > Research & Development Initiatives Coordinator
          > Meraka Institute
          > Ph: +27-12-841 2948
          > Fax: +27-12-841 4720
          >

          > Samwel Okech kongere
          > Nyamuga primary school
          > P.O BOX 191,
          > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
          > Cell: +254 725 600 439
          > Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
          > UDOGO youth development/Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories
          >

          > ---------------------------------
          > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
          > Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's
          > economy) at Yahoo! Games.

          http://sims.yahoo.com/
        • samuel kongere
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 11, 2007
            Ok Tom,

            Thanks for your concern. I will be in Kisumu on the 20th July getting prepared to meet friends from Polland, who are going to arrive in Kisumu on 21st. We will take one day to visit your centre and take photos and videos of the children. We spend at your place. On 22nd we leave for Mbita where my friends will stay for ten days. They are only two, Tom.

            --- samuel kongere <samkongere2004@ yahoo.com> wrote:

> [...]
            > template be emailed to you, please do not hesitate
            > to contact me. The deadline for submission of your
            > presentation will be July 12 and should be returned
            > to rnaidoo@csir. co.za. Selection will be made on a
            > "first come first serve" basis.
            >
            > Rebecca Naidoo
            > Research & Development Initiatives Coordinator
            > Meraka Institute
            > Ph: +27-12-841 2948
            > Fax: +27-12-841 4720
            >

            > Samwel Okech kongere
            > Nyamuga primary school
            > P.O BOX 191,
            > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
            > Cell: +254 725 600 439
            > Information Networking and E-learning Trainings
            > UDOGO youth development/ Miniciu-Sodas Laboratories

            > Boardwalk for $500? In 2007? Ha!
            > Play Monopoly Here and Now (it's updated for today's

            http://sims. yahoo.com/

            MBITA  040305-KENYA.
            Cell: +254 725 600 439