Easy Learning-with global community

  • Uyoga community
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007
      Uyoga is greatfully and offer their gratitudes to the forom and all those parcipants who ventured in Kiswahili chatt and mostrly people in the lab,Andrius,sasha,janet and all good friends of Uyoga and global community at large,with the acting locally thinking globally ideology,we hpoe those who wish the best fro that blessed words will join us to be happy for what took place yestarday on the ground.
      Today we would like to share with the global communiy about the (African Local Government Action Phase vii)ALGAF vii session v,the continuation sessions which has taken place today 06/07/07 at Tanzania Global Development Learning Centre(TGDLC),a three hours venture which was presented by Mr.Livison Muteked and Mr.Noah Singanke from Zimbabwe,with participants from Tanzanania,Uganda,Kenya,Rwanda,Ethiopia,Ghana and Zimbabwe through videoconferences centres in their respectivelly countries,in Tanzanai we had local government officers,social organisations,private participaters,high school students from Dar es salaam,university students etc,Uyoga's participation was made possible by Mr.Issaya Isihaka and the members of Uyoga who had an opportunity to participate were,
       William wambura
       Abinel Emmanuel
       Remmy Zulu and
       Primson Lugemwa.
      The theme to disscuss on the ground was "Policy options for participatory governance and Local eonomic development",with this theme there were very impontart key terms to  elaborate and disscuss which were:
      >Participatory governance
      >Development
      >Stake-holders
      >Community Based Organisations
      >Principle of Decentralisation
      >Forms of Decentralisation
      >Participatory governance-theoritical-analytical approch
      >Local Econimical developnment(LED) a theorical view
      >we looked at toward participatory LED:International debates with reference from the existing Zimbabwe local governmence structure
      >enhancing local economic development through participatory budgeting.
          Toward Best Practices in Participatory governance we talked of:
      >Equity of access to decision-aking process and the basic necessities of life,
      >Efficiency in the delivery of Public services and in promoting local economic development,
      >Suistainability in all dimensions of development,
      >Subsidiary of Authority and resources to the closest appropiate level.
        After all this disscusion the country remarks were brought to the table to be shared respctively,where by people had a chance to ask questions,comments contribution,clarifications etc.
      The end of the session drafted another good fram for our future activities where by we had
      an oppurtunities to chatt with different participants and exchanged views and ideas and links with promises for futher colaborations.
               for forthcoming sessions take alook at:
                   william wambura

    • Jeff Buderer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2007

        William,

        I just read your report.

        (Message over 64 KB, truncated)

      • wamburawilliam
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2007
          --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, "Jeff Buderer" <jeff@...>
          wrote:

          > William,
          >
          > I just read your report.
          >
          > Thank you for sharing with us Uyoga Community's progress.
          >
          > Are these reports posted anywhere besides in this discussion group?
          >
          > Please note that this weblink does not work: www.tgdlc.org.
          > <http://www.tgdlc.org.tz> tz.
          >
          > Does your group have a website and online workspace to further
          develop
          > these ideas you have discussed here and where people interested in
          your
          > orgs group can find out more?
          >
          > Jeff

          <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=40705/*http:/mrd.mail.yahoo.com/try_beta?
          .in
          > tl=ca> All-new Yahoo! Mail

          thankyou jeff,Uyoga has pagespace to edit and all email posted
          allsaved in,in Uyogawork space.