Financial contribution in the lab

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
      Dear Ken, Samwel, Janet, Chris and all,
       I chatted with Andrius regarding our collaboration. No doubt that my financial contribution to Ken and other people working in projects for the benefit of local population,  is only possible inside the lab. So, all what i give is something I consider from the lab. Nevertheless i would like to brief you regarding Acrobats visit budget and I require Ken to report as well to the lab on expenditures.
       Money sent   900 Euro (250 from Andrius - 250 from  friend collection and money diverged from other social initiatives in Rome, 400 my personal contribution).
      This money is donated to the acrobats to cover  1 ticket Nairobi- Amsterdam  and costs of travel Amsterdam-Turin-Rome.
      I don't know  how much is the cost of the travel and I  would like you Ken brief us,  when you arrange with Marieka  your travet to Italy. Of course I can't contribute more than  that amount and I hope Ken that you find other help in Italy or elsewhere. Thanks Janet for your help!
      I would like  to know if we have to cover  Marieke trip to Italy.
      Many associations here are interested to meet the acrobats. I got some informal contact with members of Emergency and Amnesty International of Civitavecchia, Friendsforwater, the Coordination of Rome associations (Comitato cittadino tavolo laotta alla povertà, La Gabbianella ), I'll contact soon AMREF Italia and other associations. Of course when you will be here, Ken, will be holiday time and many offices and associations will be close. Perhaps you should postpone for a week you departure. We'll see.
      Greetings
      Maria Agnese

      nafsiafricaacro <nafsiafricaacro@...> ha scritto:
      I would not like to get caught up so much in our destination , that
      i would forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of
      the people i met and often meet on the way.
      Without overlooking appreciation, I acknowledge the efforts of all
      the independent thinkers who played a role in making our travel (Ken
      and James of Nafsi Afrika Acrobats) to Amsterdam a possibility.

      Particular thanks to Maria Agnesse Giraudo, who came to my rescue
      when i was at a point of "lost hopes".
      She took it upon herself to raise 900 Euros from her own Savings and
      those of friends to help me buy a air ticket to Holland.
      Also Thanks to Andrius, Janet, Shasha and everybody who has been an
      instrumental part of our much anticipated travel.
      And for all your efforts big or small, in thought, spiritual or
      financial, i say -Namaste!
      Maria, i appreciate your ideas and having been the source behind the
      Italy tour initiative!
      For all the contacts and links, we hope to erect steel bridges out
      of those provisions you made.

      We arrive in Amsterdam on July 9th, at 19:10, flight 116 Kenya
      Airways.
      We stay until 5th Aug and thereafter go to Italy( between 5th July-
      20th Aug 2007).
      We depart For Nairobi on 20th Aug at 10:15 Flight 565 KlM from
      Amsterdam.
      We are arranging some initiative in Rome, Turin and Santa Marinella
      or Civitavecchia.
      In this initiative, we will give workshops, presentation on Nafsi
      and it's projects, and some demonstrative shows.
      In the workshops, emphasis is put on developing the capacity of the
      street children and other unfortunate youths to participate, as
      appropriate, in urban poverty reduction responsibilities, and also
      elimination of such vices like crime and drug abuse. The rationale
      lies in the provision of a friendly approach to training
      opportunities in Yoga, acrobatics, dance, music, drama, and fine
      Arts and crafts."
      We highly welcome your thoughts and any more links.

      Samuel, when are you probably coming to Nairobi?
      When can we meet?
      We will edit the footages into some two minutes stories.
      We hope to complete this by 8th July 2007.
      Then also the issue with the Camera, who takes the responsibility of
      keeping it while we will be away?
      I guess the camera should be accessible to all independent thinkers
      in our region who may have, or like to cover their gathered stories.

      I otherwise wish everybody good.
      Learn, share, teach, fly, and provide wings to everybody.

      Kennedy Owino
      Nafsi Afrika acrobats,
      nafsiafricaacro@ yahoo.com
      www.nafsiafriacroba ts.org

    • ms@ms.lt
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
        I am very excited to announce the visit of Kennedy Owino and James of Nafsi
        Afrika Acrobats from Kenya to TheNetherlands (July 9th - August 5th) and
        Italy (August 5th - August 20th). Kennedy is an active participant of our
        Minciu Sodas laboratory:
        http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?KenOwino

        His deepest value is "Cherished sustainable livelihoods" and his
        investigatory question is "How can the Urban youth here in Kenya also play a
        role in Agriculture which is one of the backbones of Kenyan economy?" and I
        think other questions as well. He works with the street children in the
        Kibera slums which is very important to Chris Macrae and others. He will be
        bringing some video and photos from Kenya.

        Thank you to Maria Agnese Giraudo, Janet Feldman, myself and others who are
        making the difference so that such dreams can come true, making real the hope
        that "what you believe is what happens". Sometimes it is simply not dashing a
        hope, but looking for how to open its way, even transformed.

        Agnese asked me to make clear that this Kennedy's visit is a project of our
        Minciu Sodas laboratory and that all of our help is needed for it to be the
        greatest success. Kennedy, please keep your receipts and you can indicate
        Minciu Sodas as your organization where you think appropriate. I look
        forward to our help to explore opportunities in business and to support our
        projects. They include:
        * Helping Ken and James meet more people in TheNetherlands and Italy and
        encourage them to participate at our laboratory's groups. Ken please collect
        their emails and get their permission to sign them up for one of our groups.
        * Building video bridges with Ken during his stay in TheNetherlands and
        Italy.
        * Learning how to build video bridges so that one day we might do that with
        Nairobi!
        * Trying to purchase or get good used equipment such as laptops, I think they
        sell for as little as 300 USD.
        * Purchasing flash drives in bulk (for example, 20 for 140 USD) and reselling
        them in Kenya to raise money.
        * Thinking through computer assembly, what parts might we ship to Kenya and
        what parts might we best purchase locally, or even create? I ask Sasha
        Mrkailo to help with this research little by little.
        * Considering what projects we might do on-the-ground in Kibera and also in
        rural Kenya.
        * Learning about wireless Internet access.
        * Preparing the way for Samwel Kongere's trip to Europe next year.
        * Connecting with potential clients for our laboratory.

        Thank you all for helping!
        and I look forward to our joining us for chat tomorrow Thursday, July 5th, at
        4:30 pm Nairobi time, 2:30 London time, 9:30 New York time about on-the-ground
        projects in Africa: http://www.worknets.org/chat/

        Data , "nafsiafricaacro" <nafsiafricaacro@...> Rašyta:
        >I would not like to get caught up so much in our destination , that
        >i would forget to appreciate the journey, especially the goodness of
        >the people i met and often meet on the way.
        >Without overlooking appreciation, I acknowledge the efforts of all
        >the independent thinkers who played a role in making our travel (Ken
        >and James of Nafsi Afrika Acrobats) to Amsterdam a possibility.
        >
        >Particular thanks to Maria Agnesse Giraudo, who came to my rescue
        >when i was at a point of "lost hopes".
        >She took it upon herself to raise 900 Euros from her own Savings and
        >those of friends to help me buy a air ticket to Holland.
        >Also Thanks to Andrius, Janet, Shasha and everybody who has been an
        >instrumental part of our much anticipated travel.
        >And for all your efforts big or small, in thought, spiritual or
        >financial, i say -Namaste!
        >Maria, i appreciate your ideas and having been the source behind the
        >Italy tour initiative!
        >For all the contacts and links, we hope to erect steel bridges out
        >of those provisions you made.
        >
        >We arrive in Amsterdam on July 9th, at 19:10, flight 116 Kenya
        >Airways.
        >We stay until 5th Aug and thereafter go to Italy( between 5th July-
        >20th Aug 2007).
        >We depart For Nairobi on 20th Aug at 10:15 Flight 565 KlM from
        >Amsterdam.
        >We are arranging some initiative in Rome, Turin and Santa Marinella
        >or Civitavecchia.
        >In this initiative, we will give workshops, presentation on Nafsi
        >and it's projects, and some demonstrative shows.
        >In the workshops, emphasis is put on developing the capacity of the
        >street children and other unfortunate youths to participate, as
        >appropriate, in urban poverty reduction responsibilities, and also
        >elimination of such vices like crime and drug abuse. The rationale
        >lies in the provision of a friendly approach to training
        >opportunities in Yoga, acrobatics, dance, music, drama, and fine
        >Arts and crafts."
        >We highly welcome your thoughts and any more links.
        >
        >Samuel, when are you probably coming to Nairobi?
        >When can we meet?
        >We will edit the footages into some two minutes stories.
        >We hope to complete this by 8th July 2007.
        >Then also the issue with the Camera, who takes the responsibility of
        >keeping it while we will be away?
        >I guess the camera should be accessible to all independent thinkers
        >in our region who may have, or like to cover their gathered stories.
        >
        >I otherwise wish everybody good.
        >Learn, share, teach, fly, and provide wings to everybody.
        >
        >Kennedy Owino
        >Nafsi Afrika acrobats,
        >nafsiafricaacro@...
        >www.nafsiafriacrobats.org
        >
        >http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HolisticHelping
        >
        >Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters
        the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you!
        http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org
      • ms@ms.lt
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007
> [...]

          >Samuel, when are you probably coming to Nairobi?
          >When can we meet?
          >We will edit the footages into some two minutes stories.
          >We hope to complete this by 8th July 2007.
          >Then also the issue with the Camera, who takes the responsibility of
          >keeping it while we will be away?
          >I guess the camera should be accessible to all independent thinkers
          >in our region who may have, or like to cover their gathered stories.
          >
          >I otherwise wish everybody good.
          >Learn, share, teach, fly, and provide wings to everybody.
          >
          >Kennedy Owino
          >Nafsi Afrika acrobats,
          >nafsiafricaacro@...
          >www.nafsiafriacrobats.org
          >
          >http://www.worknets.org/wiki.cgi?HolisticHelping
          >
          >Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters
          the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you!
        • Jeff Buderer
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2007

            Maria,

            I recall in relation to MyFoodStory that Kennedy expressed some interest in addressing the human waste problem in Kibera. This might be an opportunity to arrange meeting also with Valeria of ZERI Italy as follow up.

            (Message over 64 KB, truncated)