Independentthinker handbook-KISWAHILI LAUNGUAGE

  • wamburawilliam
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
      Dear all in the forum,thank God i have this oppotuinity to exist and
      be able to write this article,many are venishing with death around
      the whole global and also our dearly sisters and brothers in Darful
      still in great human life destruction era with those fewer vultures
      who lie beside them as friends.
      My key topic here is regarding my Question:HOW CAN I HELP MY FELLOW
      YOUTH IN LAUNGUAGE CAPABILITY?Dear althogh i have understood Andrius
      propasal about our deepest values in life which contain this aspect
      where local knowdge would be shared without launguage boumdaries,its
      true for that deepest values to dig within them with their native
      launguage and allow them to be shared with alternative launguage.But
      in my local envornment i have come across many youth who could
      provide vital contents for information within their local
      areas,English launguage seems to be an obstacles and isolate and
      avoid youth in information parcipations,and sharing circle.Maria
      agnese and Samuel kongere have also experienced that stuation in
      most cases,especial in the medium of exchange youth tend to shay
      away and and abslutly fail to express what they are asked.I believe
      in information sharing oe can not express his/her inner feelings
      unless he/she is free from the sorounding nature be either launguage
      or any other terifying factors which might hinder the freedom to
      express.My vivid example is my fellows youth in Uyoga group who fail
      to integrate within this level of English sociaty and hence fail to
      present what they have in mind for the benefits of all community and
      theirs too UNTILL NOW I HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAVE A LOT TO OFFER
      BUT IN LOCAL LAUNGUAGE.Local based information could be obtained
      from Local people with Local medium of information exchange.
      "I HOPE TOGETHE WE CAN CREAT ANOTHER WORLD FOR US AND FOR THEM
      TOO."
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
        Dear William and All,

        Hello and thanks so much for your lovely letter abt local languages, which is a bedrock issue and need. It will be fantastic if more is translated into Kiswahili, which in this case will transcend borders, as whatever you produce can be used in both Kenya and Tanzania.

        Bravo to you for your wonderful idea and key topic, which ties in with the holistic concept of "acting locally, thinking globally", and vice versa, haha!

        With all best wishes and blessings, Janet

        >Dear all in the forum,thank God i have this oppotuinity to exist and
        >be able to write this article,many are venishing with death around
        >the whole global and also our dearly sisters and brothers in Darful
        >still in great human life destruction era with those fewer vultures
        >who lie beside them as friends.
        >My key topic here is regarding my Question:HOW CAN I HELP MY FELLOW
        >YOUTH IN LAUNGUAGE CAPABILITY?Dear althogh i have understood Andrius
        >propasal about our deepest values in life which contain this aspect
        >where local knowdge would be shared without launguage boumdaries,its
        >true for that deepest values to dig within them with their native
        >launguage and allow them to be shared with alternative launguage.But
        >in my local envornment i have come across many youth who could
        >provide vital contents for information within their local
        >areas,English launguage seems to be an obstacles and isolate and
        >avoid youth in information parcipations,and sharing circle.Maria
        >agnese and Samuel kongere have also experienced that stuation in
        >most cases,especial in the medium of exchange youth tend to shay
        >away and and abslutly fail to express what they are asked.I believe
        >in information sharing oe can not express his/her inner feelings
        >unless he/she is free from the sorounding nature be either launguage
        >or any other terifying factors which might hinder the freedom to
        >express.My vivid example is my fellows youth in Uyoga group who fail
        >to integrate within this level of English sociaty and hence fail to
        >present what they have in mind for the benefits of all community and
        >theirs too UNTILL NOW I HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAVE A LOT TO OFFER
        >BUT IN LOCAL LAUNGUAGE.Local based information could be obtained
        >from Local people with Local medium of information exchange.
        > "I HOPE TOGETHE WE CAN CREAT ANOTHER WORLD FOR US AND FOR THEM
        >TOO."
        >

        >http://www.globalvillages.info/index.php/TheResourceToolshed/HolisticHelping
        >
        >Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you! http://www.ethicalpublicdomain.org
        >

        >Yahoo! Groups Links

      • wamburawilliam
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
          --- In holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, Janet Feldman <kaippg@...>
          wrote:

          > Dear William and All,
          >
          > Hello and thanks so much for your lovely letter abt local
          languages, which is a bedrock issue and need. It will be fantastic
          if more is translated into Kiswahili, which in this case will
          transcend borders, as whatever you produce can be used in both Kenya
          and Tanzania.

          > Bravo to you for your wonderful idea and key topic, which ties in
          with the holistic concept of "acting locally, thinking globally",
          and vice versa, haha!

          > With all best wishes and blessings, Janet

          global,Samuel kongere can play impontart part in here for the
          regional accesss of local Launguage.......Let share with other and
          sam too....
        • Josephat
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
            Dear all,
            I would like to take this opportunity to add a point regarding
            William's idea in fact this is what makes us communicative.When we
            talk of people involvement in the development really mean the
            exitent at which information will be shared and during sharing is
            when the concept of language comes.Here i mean people with common
            language will share any information at the best level but if the
            language used is the problem to some,then few of them will be
            involved.Andrius proposal is very important at our times,really i
            like this idea of acting locally and sharing with other people
            globally,we learn from you and you learn from us..Fantastic.
            Thanks --- In
            holistichelping@yahoogroups.com, "wamburawilliam"
            <wamburawilliam@...> wrote:

            > Dear all in the forum,thank God i have this oppotuinity to exist
            and
            > be able to write this article,many are venishing with death around
            > the whole global and also our dearly sisters and brothers in
            Darful
            > still in great human life destruction era with those fewer
            vultures
            > who lie beside them as friends.
            > My key topic here is regarding my Question:HOW CAN I HELP MY
            FELLOW
            > YOUTH IN LAUNGUAGE CAPABILITY?Dear althogh i have understood
            Andrius
            > propasal about our deepest values in life which contain this
            aspect
            > where local knowdge would be shared without launguage
            boumdaries,its
            > true for that deepest values to dig within them with their native
            > launguage and allow them to be shared with alternative
            launguage.But
            > in my local envornment i have come across many youth who could
            > provide vital contents for information within their local
            > areas,English launguage seems to be an obstacles and isolate and
            > avoid youth in information parcipations,and sharing circle.Maria
            > agnese and Samuel kongere have also experienced that stuation in
            > most cases,especial in the medium of exchange youth tend to shay
            > away and and abslutly fail to express what they are asked.I
            believe
            > in information sharing oe can not express his/her inner feelings
            > unless he/she is free from the sorounding nature be either
            launguage
            > or any other terifying factors which might hinder the freedom to
            > express.My vivid example is my fellows youth in Uyoga group who
            fail
            > to integrate within this level of English sociaty and hence fail
            > present what they have in mind for the benefits of all community
            and
            > theirs too UNTILL NOW I HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAVE A LOT TO OFFER
            > BUT IN LOCAL LAUNGUAGE.Local based information could be obtained
            > from Local people with Local medium of information exchange.
            > "I HOPE TOGETHE WE CAN CREAT ANOTHER WORLD FOR US AND FOR THEM
            > TOO."

          • Maria Agnese Giraudo
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
              Dear William, Josephat, Pam, Janet  and all...
              William, great! Language is very crucial aspect we have to take it into account.  I think that we have to create  an opportunity for them to write in Kiswhili and then the members of Uyoga will traslate later. Perhaps could be useful,  Andrius, a Kiswahili wiki page with English translation? Anyway it would be important that they don't feel excluded in the chatting. If we are many it's difficult to chat everybody in the way we would like, I noticed that in the meeting in DSM, we were very slow compared with people in Europe or US. So, my concern is of giving them the chance to express both in English and Kiswahili. I wondering if we can write somewhere the main issues treated in  a  chatting session.
              Greetings
              Maria Agnese

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1, 2007

                Dear Maria Agnese and All,

                Hello and fantastic suggestion abt the translations, so everyone will be "singing from the same page" in one way, even if they are looking at 2 different pages, haha!  I also like the idea of recapping the highlights of chats, as this will allow us to keep track of what has been said.

                Sometimes things can be conveyed in one language in a way they are not in another, so this will be an interesting and important learning experience, and I think if people can express themselves in two languages (ie Kiswahili and then an English version too), this will increase both our individual and our group capacities.

                With deepest gratitude for ALL you are doing and have given to us, and with love and immense blessings always, Janet

                <wamburawilliam@ ...> wrote:

                > Dear all in the forum,thank God i have this oppotuinity to exist
                and
                > be able to write this article,many are venishing with death around
                > the whole global and also our dearly sisters and brothers in
                Darful
                > still in great human life destruction era with those fewer
                vultures
                > who lie beside them as friends.
                > My key topic here is regarding my Question:HOW CAN I HELP MY
                FELLOW
                > YOUTH IN LAUNGUAGE CAPABILITY?Dear althogh i have understood
                Andrius
                > propasal about our deepest values in life which contain this
                aspect
                > where local knowdge would be shared without launguage
                boumdaries,its
                > true for that deepest values to dig within them with their native
                > launguage and allow them to be shared with alternative
                launguage.But
                > in my local envornment i have come across many youth who could
                > provide vital contents for information within their local
                > areas,English launguage seems to be an obstacles and isolate and
                > avoid youth in information parcipations, and sharing circle.Maria
                > agnese and Samuel kongere have also experienced that stuation in
                > most cases,especial in the medium of exchange youth tend to shay
                > away and and abslutly fail to express what they are asked.I
                believe
                > in information sharing oe can not express his/her inner feelings
                > unless he/she is free from the sorounding nature be either
                launguage
                > or any other terifying factors which might hinder the freedom to
                > express.My vivid example is my fellows youth in Uyoga group who
                fail
                > to integrate within this level of English sociaty and hence fail
                > present what they have in mind for the benefits of all community
                and
                > theirs too UNTILL NOW I HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAVE A LOT TO OFFER
                > BUT IN LOCAL LAUNGUAGE.Local based information could be obtained
                > from Local people with Local medium of information exchange.
                > "I HOPE TOGETHE WE CAN CREAT ANOTHER WORLD FOR US AND FOR THEM
                > TOO."

              • samuel kongere
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 4, 2007
                  Willy,

                  You are great for Uyoga and us all. I am not good at Swahili and this can help very much in rural Kenyan schools where I work. Do great translation for English -Swahili. Keep it up.
                  Sam

                  Janet Feldman <kaippg@...> wrote:
                  Dear William and All,

                  Hello and thanks so much for your lovely letter abt local languages, which is a bedrock issue and need. It will be fantastic if more is translated into Kiswahili, which in this case will transcend borders, as whatever you produce can be used in both Kenya and Tanzania.

                  Bravo to you for your wonderful idea and key topic, which ties in with the holistic concept of "acting locally, thinking globally", and vice versa, haha!

                  With all best wishes and blessings, Janet

                  >Dear all in the forum,thank God i have this oppotuinity to exist and
                  >be able to write this article,many are venishing with death around
                  >the whole global and also our dearly sisters and brothers in Darful
                  >still in great human life destruction era with those fewer vultures
                  >who lie beside them as friends.
                  >My key topic here is regarding my Question:HOW CAN I HELP MY FELLOW
                  >YOUTH IN LAUNGUAGE CAPABILITY?Dear althogh i have understood Andrius
                  >propasal about our deepest values in life which contain this aspect
                  >where local knowdge would be shared without launguage boumdaries,its
                  >true for that deepest values to dig within them with their native
                  >launguage and allow them to be shared with alternative launguage.But
                  >in my local envornment i have come across many youth who could
                  >provide vital contents for information within their local
                  >areas,English launguage seems to be an obstacles and isolate and
                  >avoid youth in information parcipations, and sharing circle.Maria
                  >agnese and Samuel kongere have also experienced that stuation in
                  >most cases,especial in the medium of exchange youth tend to shay
                  >away and and abslutly fail to express what they are asked.I believe
                  >in information sharing oe can not express his/her inner feelings
                  >unless he/she is free from the sorounding nature be either launguage
                  >or any other terifying factors which might hinder the freedom to
                  >express.My vivid example is my fellows youth in Uyoga group who fail
                  >to integrate within this level of English sociaty and hence fail to
                  >present what they have in mind for the benefits of all community and
                  >theirs too UNTILL NOW I HAVE SOME FRIENDS WHO HAVE A LOT TO OFFER
                  >BUT IN LOCAL LAUNGUAGE.Local based information could be obtained
                  >from Local people with Local medium of information exchange.
                  > "I HOPE TOGETHE WE CAN CREAT ANOTHER WORLD FOR US AND FOR THEM
                  >TOO."
                  >

                  >http://www.globalvi llages.info/ index.php/ TheResourceTools hed/HolisticHelp ing
                  >
                  >Please note our rule: Each letter sent to the Holistic Helping group enters the PUBLIC DOMAIN unless it explicitly states otherwise. Thank you! http://www.ethicalp ublicdomain. org
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links