Oops, wrong "learning" address (sorry!)/Jeff: YES!/Wendi: COL/OVF/et al

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2007
      Dear Jeff and All,
      Apologies for the wrong address re "learning"...this mail has just gone to a friend who runs the Learning and Development Kenya organization in Nakuru (so sorry, Philip!), but that may be a happy coincidence, as LDK is also focused on just the kind of things we are:  development, education, ICTs, helping orphans and vulnerable children, health/care.  Philip, I can tell you more if interested, and would love to reconnect in any case. I'll cc now "Learning From Each Other", the intended recipient.
      Jeff, a HUGE BRAVO for being up and running in Ghana, and for COL's support of same. Yes indeed, it will be wonderful to consider collaboration, and I will write a networking mail on this soon to GRASSUP. They are meeting this weekend, after a short hiatus, and are set to be on track for starting G-UP Phase 2 by the end of June, we hope.
      I have many other things to follow up on with you in particular, so will hope to do that soon. One other thing for now:  I see that Wendi of Actwid K in Cameroon has written to you, and wanted to say, Wendi, that there has been some discussion among us before abt linkage (I've mentioned AK to Joy and Jeff, for example, and they know something of your work from Franz, too).
      It would be fantastic if we can all work together, so hope we can discuss this. Wendi, OVF-Ghana has received support from COL--the same org you applied to for the COL-P grant--and what we need to do re COL is spend more time and focus on how you too might benefit from a grant.
      This past cycle the time was too short to do a project which was truly cohesive enough, I think, but there is enough combined experience among us now with COL (including with Pam and David of CAWD, KAIPPG-GRASSUP, and OVF)  that we should be able to help for next year's grant cycle, hopefully with more positive results. In the meantime, let's figure out what is possible.
      Wendi, how abt applying for the HIV/AIDS and Food Security conference in Benin?  Deadline is FRIDAY JUNE 15th, and you will need to submit an abstract in order to be a participant, or at least one considered for a scholarship.  It's possible that Kafui Prebbie from OVF-Ghana will also apply, so you might get to meet him.  Jeff, Kafui?
      Thanks and will be in touch as soon as I can! Blessings and excitement, Janet