One World Beat 2006: Immense Thanks to Andrius, Joy/OVF, & All Who Drummed for Planetary Peace!

    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2006
      Dear Andrius and All,

      Hello and hail to our travelling "one-man band" (who is making beautiful music and drumming up fans everywhere...a Pied Piper by any other name would not be so "a-lure-ing", haha!).

      Here is a note written to those who have given us feedback on OWB 2006. Fantastic to see your own posting and the PIX!! And to know the event was a great success...about which there was really no doubt! We look forward to rockin' the planet in 2007, and hope that you'll be with us then too...and everyone at Minciu (and our related "family" of forums).  Yours in musical magic, Janet
      Dear Friends,

      It's been so wonderful to hear from you (see samples of feedback below) in the aftermath of OWB 2006, and to feel the joy, hope, vision, and love you shared with us, with each other, and the whole planet! There was indeed a surge of the most amazingly creative and spiritual lifeforce...and your poetic and inspirational words below say it all!

      We'll hope to post feedback, reports, and pix soon, and so much look forward to "same time, next year". In the meantime, rest assured that you've put enough healing energy into the global collective that the reverberations will be felt from now right through May 2007. Again, our deepest thanks, and may we Beat 4-ever as One World 2-gether!  Janet

      Japan (JB Drum Circles, Maro Sakai)Hi! This is Maro! in Roppongi JAPAN We had very wonderful time. Thank You!

      USA/NY (Orbital Sound, James Wunderlich):
      Thank you ever so much for allowing us the opportunity to add our voice to One World Beat's Global Music Festival 2006. Our small contribution to the event is regarded as one of the best ways we know of during the year to give something back to the community that gives us so much. Highlights of our event, including Pete Lockett's (Pete has been voted #1 BEST LIVE PERCUSSIONIST 2005 by readers of Rhythm magazine and best live percussionist 2005 on the international drum site, www.mikedolbear.com) drum clip, will be posted on the OS website throughout the month of May. We are looking forward to next year and hope to contribute even more! Again, we wish to express our sincere gratitude to you for this wonderful opportunity of joining with you under the One World Beat banner to make a difference with our music.

      Brazil (Troupe Djembedon, Luis Kinugawa) :
      Everything was recorded and filmed. We will send samples to you. We shared peace, love, happiness, health, and community spirit, joining our hands and souls. Thanks for all the encouragement and work. People didn't believed what happened. Neither do I!

      Trinidad and Tobago (East Port of Spain Council of Community Organizations, Trevor McMeo):

      The solidarity concert was great, [East Port of Spain Regional Complex] came alive with the sound of the drum call followed by gospel, folk performances, soca, rapso, r&b and more artists gave their support, and were glad to be a part of OWB 2006. We will be sending photos and bios of artistes/musicians who participated in the concert soon. Please check out these sites www.triniview.com (Trinidad and Tobago photo albums) and Cultural Centre www.trinisoca.com (Trinidad and Tobago calypso, soca and Carnival, we got some coverage there).
      Much thanks
      Trevor McMeo

      New Zealand (Music Wairarapa Incorporated, Glyn MacLean):

      Hi there from New Zealand,

      We had a great time drumming up a storm for ONE WORLD BEAT in Carterton, New Zealand.
      We gathered in a large semi circle in Carterton Square with several PA systems linked.
      What we learned from the experience was to listen to each others voices
      And to enjoy the depth of expression and richness of diversity.

      We became like many parts of a tapestry and wove
      Together rhythms and harmonies that hung in
      The air and draped our smiling faces.

      What we have begun with ONE WORLD BEAT we will continue through www.myspace.com/wairarapamusic
      and we look forward to building on the energy of this years event to make it much bigger next year.
      We hope to join arms with you then and embrace this understanding that when minds
      Agree to anything, there will be peace.

      In 2007 we hope to inspire a nation of New Zealanders to make the spiritual exodus
      And the peace pilgrimage to Carterton.

      As a membership (Music Wairarapa Incorporated) we applaud you who have stood tall
      And who have raised your voices with us in this brief moment in time.

      Our home is your home and should your foot fall upon our shores then
      Our hearts will be open to gladly receive you.

      Warm Regards
      Glyn MacLean
      www.glynmaclean.co.nz
      The Team @ Wairarapa Music
      www.wairarapamusic.co.nz

      Egypt (CISV, Hoda El-Sherif and Mona Abd-El Aziz):
      Thank you OWB organizers--Andy, Jodie and Janet ( and anyone else)--for your inspiration, help and support ...Thank you for everything !!!
      We had an amazing event here in Cairo, Egypt (for the first time), we are already looking forward to next year. Hope everyone around the world from all the events had a great time ! For that one hour knowing that we were all doing that same thing, sharing that one beat, at the same time, feeling that same passion, wanting to make this world a better place is an undescribable feeling, it was like the world had a heart, and that heart was beating hard and strong !!
      Thank you all, best of luck and have a great year!!
      Hoda El-Sherif
      CISV Egypt

      Thailand (The Blues Factory, David Withers):

      This is David from The Blues Factory in Pattaya Thailand. We held our One World One Beat concert last night and although we didn't manage to get any guest acts our 2 housebands provided a great night. We have a charity already that we'd like to give our proceeds to (about $700), called The Amicus Foundation (http://www.amicusfoundation.org).

      Lithuania (Minciu Sodas and others, Andrius Kulikauskas):

      The One World Beat conference went well in Lithuania, here are pictures!
      http://public.fotki.com/rytumb/one_world_beat_vilnius/