Re: [mendenyo] mapping youth entrepreneurs across Africa

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 12, 2007
      Dear Chris and All,

      This is very exciting, and just wish we had known of it sooner!  Technoserve is an excellent nonprofit based in the USA, to which I have just steered a young Kenyan friend with a start-up dairy business. This would have been perfect for him, for Sam, Fred Ouko in Kibera, and so many others.

      We can actually start to map youth entrepreneurs ourselves, and I know you've had a nonprofit mapping endeavor going yourself, which looks very exciting and is important for visibility, networking, and collaboration, with opportunities and growth/development resulting.

      I know or can tap a number of young entrepreneurs myself, and will be happy to do that once I can return to my work in a more regular way, I hope in August.   Keep myself and the rest of us informed abt what you hope to do, and am sure you'll find lots of eager support.

      With immense thanks and blessings, Janet