RE: [minciu_sodas_en] FW: Grant/Award

  • Jeff Buderer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 9, 2007

      Asif.

      Keep us updated.

      Just for perspective. The organization I work with oneVillage Foundation just got a grant for 15000 from Commonwealth of Learning www.col.org to develop open and distance learning modules in Ghana.

      To go from this small scale to multlple millions is usually not how things happen because the people who approve these grants want to see a track record.

      However as Andrius notes if we can bring together some high visibility orgs to support the effort as partners then that would improve the chances and compensate for having a limited track record for doing large scale grants.

      Still I suggest it is most realistic to focus on building one center or partnering to form a consortium if you were to consider implementing on a larger scale than that. It would be good of course to bring partners with the technical skills to address each of the key areas of the grand as well as to clearly explain what the lead applicant is bringing to the process.

      50K grant would be in my view realistic for say bringing together partners in this network of people. 250k if we could bring in other high profile partners who have the needed exp and technical and project management skills that might improve our credibility and compensate for our lack of exp in getting large grants.

      Jeff

      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 11, 2007
        Dear Jeff,
        You people are blessed to have this award. Is
        itpossible for you people to partnership with our
        organisation, ACTWID KONGADZEM in any training on open
        and distant learning in Ghana?
        Immense thanks and waitin to hear from you
        Sincerely ACTWID KONGADZEM BOARD MEMBERS led by Wendi.
        --- Jeff Buderer <jeff@...> wrote

        :