Fwd: [socialagriculture] Off Balanced and confusing.

  • Pamela McLean
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 2, 2007
      ---------- Forwarded message ----------
      From: Pamela McLean <pam@...>
      Date: 02-Jun-2007 12:34
      Subject: Re: [socialagriculture] Off Balanced and confusing.
      To: socialagriculture@yahoogroups.com

      Everyone.

      There has been some confusion and difficulties regarding Samwel's planned Webinar with Trainerspod - but the meeting is not cancelled. Instead we plan to e-meet in a different way.  Samwel I am sorry there has been confusion. I very much look forward to meeting you online at your seminar.

      Andrius has a had a good idea - which I have just shared through learningfromeacother and which I copy again here now :

      It is a great idea (from Andrius) that we experiment with chat and Skype with Samwel for his seminar.

      That will be a good "next step" after emailing each other. It is well timed so soon after the e-learning conference where various people had a chance to meet face-to-face. . Sometimes it is easier for people to meet online if they have already met face to face. I hope we  will build a community that is "comfortable" meeting online in "real time". With chat we have real time - and with Skype we can add voice - it is a good next step. This way Samwel need not worry if there is a power outage, because it will be a "meeting amongst friends" and everyone will understand the problems.

      I look forward to our meeting. There will also be Trainerspod Webinars, starting in July. I will write more about that separately, For now I simply want to encourage us to continue to keep our diaries free ready for meeting with Samwel.

      Andrius, please will you host this at your chat room, and give us all instructions for how to join you there.

      Pam

      On 02/06/07, samuel kongere <samkongere2004@...> wrote:

      Dear All,

      All is on balance and much is seen in the list after the e-learning event in Nairobi.I went brainstorming and things are high up, thinking of my community and I see some Ideas developed which can help the community do better in information transfer. My community has had immense interest and we are hoping to have more information on how to start a community wireless connection for Internet by the hint given by Kafui.

      We hope to get more information about this from the e-learning contacts, connections and see the how our community can receive the desired goal. The procedures and even developing a one technology network for them which is what we need to champion.  My hope to get more information and How to start and budget plan. Basic information could be included to spearhead the Idea.

      The e-learning show us get more connections and these are the benchmark for my Europe visit and where to visit for what reasons. I believe having an Internet access point for this region through our communications and collaboration is imminent for us. Let me figure our lovely basic preparation for a better focus as reached by members of MS meeting in Nairobi.

      I have been quite busy for the sake of duplication of work and only to see the postponement of the 7Th Webinar, we were arranging with our Tanzania counterparts at Uyoga to do this webinar, but all the same, it is clear now that it is canceled no otherwise.

      We both leave Nairobi for Dar tomorrow morning and stop in Moshi for one night ,
      Cheers,
      Sam

      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439