Welcome! A social protocol for online venues

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 4 , May 18, 2006
      Hello! I'm writing this letter to welcome new members to our Back to the Root
      working group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/backtotheroot/ for leadership
      development. I'm also sharing with several other groups at our Minciu Sodas
      laboratory http://www.ms.lt for serving and organizing independent thinkers
      around the world.

      I will explain a bit about the history of Back to the Root and where we are
      going. I invite us to bring our concerns which we feel might be related.

      As our lab has grown to engage all manner of independent thinkers and their
      concerns. We therefore have working groups for global villages,
      participatory society (and open economy and community currency), online
      learning environments (and tools for thinking), conceptual frameworks,
      holistic helping, creative collaboration, loving God and we're adding more.
      In my experience, I have found it most productive to organize ourselves
      around bold, mature independent thinkers such as Franz Nahrada, and their
      "key concepts", which is to say, that value which they personally find
      deepest and encompassing all others in their life.

      I and our lab and our network continuously engage, include, serve independent
      thinkers who bring their own projects and thus their own brands. They know
      that by participating in an online venue they are investing themselves and
      building assets. It makes sense that they generally want their participation
      to strengthen their own brand and their role as stewards. Therefore I am
      always considering how we might structure our interactions so that we may all
      both share with each other and grow stronger as distinct identities.

      The Minciu Sodas laboratory is my private business (I am the sole proprietor)
      which serves independent thinkers. They are scattered and so I need to
      organize them. And many of them do not have money, or are not inclined to
      pay for services. So I offer free services to those who work for free on
      their projects. When we work openly, in the Public Domain, then I can
      organize us around thoughtful leaders, deep values, shared endeavors and thus
      create a public oasis. I can then engage private businesses who might provide
      work that leverages our global teams of self-directed individuals and/or
      contributes to their strategic direction.

      What are the minimal expectations of each other that we might have so as to
      effectively leverage each other in a distributed global network of
      independent thinkers? Since 2004, I have been setting up the "Open Leader"
      network http://www.openleader.info with this in mind. I find the following
      expectations to be relevant:
      - Our activity is in the Public Domain except when it is clearly noted
      otherwise.
      - We help each other to make a living, but we understand that "money (as an
      external motivator) can't get people to care (as an internal motivator)" and
      so, when people do care, it is a separate issue
      - We don't work for the failure of anybody, but always for the success of
      all, however great or small that may be
      - We organize around individuals rather than institutions or teams or groups.
      We acknowledge individuals as the source of change, the seats of will and
      accountability, and the ones who actually and ultimately get things done.

      I have been inspired by the work of Joy Tang, Jeff Buderer and others of
      OneVillage.biz and their boldness in responding to the AIDS/HIV challenge in
      Africa as an opportunity to remake our villages and our world. Jeff's key
      concept in life is "being connected to ourselves", which he speaks of as
      "Back to the Root". This is very much related to leadership development. I
      wanted to set up a working group around him at our lab. My intention was
      that this be the place to organize our Open Leader network. We started in
      January 2004 and assembled about 30 people. Recently, in Amsterdam, at
      Graham Stewart's http://www.gameofnow.tv I signed up 10 people, and 30 more
      at the http://www.bethechange.co.uk event in London. So we have many
      experienced networkers with us, many of whom are familiar with "working
      openly".

      Jeff and I spoke recently and we agreed that I assume leadership of this
      group for a while. But I look to Jeff to bring to us everything that
      interests him and that he would like to host here. Ultimately, he defines
      our group and I hope will take over. Meanwhile, I will build momentum around
      this endeavor.

      We look forward to all manner of letters and projects that relate to
      leadership development. In particular, I look forward to working with Pam
      McLean of http://www.cawd.net on networking as it regards Africa and other
      areas with marginal Internet access. There is a natural connection here with
      online learning and so this topic is also very welcome.

      Greetings from Peterborough, UK, where I'm starting our road trip with Markus
      Petz! I invite us to introduce ourselves as we start to work together. I also
      invite replies at our other groups which we'll send along as relevant.

      07748185295 in the UK
    • samuel kongere
      Message 2 of 4 , May 18, 2006
        Dear Andrius,

        I have been very happy working with you at the top of our lab Open Leader......And having Jeff.... take over is also very meaningful for expansion and motivating, I have been out of the active member contribution for so long but this was due to the health reasons  I had. I am very much motivated from whatever I have received from this lab since you brought me here (back to roots).

        Now that what i do to our group and lab online has made me have pontentiality to do much more on my soceity development. I also think to be grateful to the fact that this forum has made me many friends and I'm continueing to treasure more coming.

        Locally I have been able to involved in many interviews which has made me a schemer in community development. I am already having an office on the ground here to do community Statistical baseline datas, these will always be there to make people have references for their future needs to back history.

        Did you see the Quizes? I was doing some when not feeling well but when I compiled them I was very happy to see variety of responses which were very useful about how people become rich. Wealth is looked at with many in different ways but what do you think people call wealth and riches. In our area people wo'nt come out cleary that they are rich but the few who can relent information because they entrust your cause for questioning them.

        I am lookng forward to get your response and your comments about the outcome of the interviews. You can as well send some other informations my way for more research.

        I therefore believe the cause for lab is a global leadership online survey for independent thinkers.Make sure you work according to our intial procedures and I welcome all the new members and Jeff on the helm.

        Thanks,
        Samwel.

        MBITA  040305-KENYA.
        Cell: +254 725 600 439
        Computer specielist
        Community Development

      • ms@ms.lt
        Message 3 of 4 , May 19, 2006
          Samwel,
          Yes, thank you for your great work! I am happy for your achievements!
          Please send to this group the answers that you collected in your interviews.
          Let's share that publicly. Please remove any email addresses or phone numbers
          unless they allowed otherwise. Use your best judgement.
          Greetings from Manchester, England.
          Andrius

          Data , "samuel kongere" <samkongere2004@...> Rašyta:

          >Dear Andrius,
          >
          > I have been very happy working with you at the top of our lab Open
          Leader......And having Jeff.... take over is also very meaningful for
          expansion and motivating, I have been out of the active member contribution
          for so long but this was due to the health reasons I had. I am very much
          motivated from whatever I have received from this lab since you brought me
          here (back to roots).

          > Now that what i do to our group and lab online has made me have
          pontentiality to do much more on my soceity development. I also think to be
          grateful to the fact that this forum has made me many friends and I'm
          continueing to treasure more coming.

          > Locally I have been able to involved in many interviews which has made me
          a schemer in community development. I am already having an office on the
          ground here to do community Statistical baseline datas, these will always be
          there to make people have references for their future needs to back history.

          > Did you see the Quizes? I was doing some when not feeling well but when I
          compiled them I was very happy to see variety of responses which were very
          useful about how people become rich. Wealth is looked at with many in
          different ways but what do you think people call wealth and riches. In our
          area people wo'nt come out cleary that they are rich but the few who can
          relent information because they entrust your cause for questioning them.

          > I am lookng forward to get your response and your comments about the
          outcome of the interviews. You can as well send some other informations my
          way for more research.

          > I therefore believe the cause for lab is a global leadership online survey
          for independent thinkers.Make sure you work according to our intial procedures
          and I welcome all the new members and Jeff on the helm.

          > Thanks,
          > Samwel.
          >

          > Samwel Okech kongere
          > Nyamuga primary school
          > P.O BOX 191,
          > MBITA 040305-KENYA.
          > Cell: +254 725 600 439
          > Computer specielist
          > Community Development
          > UDOGO youth development group-coordinator

          >Sneak preview the all-new Yahoo.com. It's not radically different. Just
          radically better.

        • samuel kongere
          Message 4 of 4 , May 22, 2006
            Dear All,

            I wish to bring to our forum the answers about our community members and how they regard wealth and community currency. The Questions were set and interview taken to by
            Samwel Kongere.