Literacy Project; One World Beat Vilnius

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 13, 2006
      Marcus, thank you for your wonderful project, which I share with our working
      groups for Holistic Helping and for Working In Parallel. Also, Janet and
      all, the One World Beat conference went well in Lithuania, here are
      pictures:
      http://public.fotki.com/rytumb/one_world_beat_vilnius/
      Andrius, http://www.ms.lt
      ----------------------------------

      Hello Everybody,

      I have begun a new literacy project and I am seeking help from anybody
      interested. I have created a literacy teaching program which can run entirely
      from a CD without need for installation, autonomous of Windows. An illiterate
      person just boots from the CD and the program starts. It works with sounds
      and images. They only need to use a mouse. No installation required.

      My idea is that especially in developed countries the "shame factor" is a
      huge
      inhibitor to learning. With self-running literacy software on CD anybody can
      use
      any PC to learn from. They need no training except how to use a mouse. Of
      course
      it is just as useful in developing countries.

      I have a demo CD you can download. The program is a very basic prototype to
      demonstrate the principle and see whether the concept works. Anybody
      interested
      please contact me. I would be especially interested in contacts to
      associations
      who teach literacy. If enough people respond, I can set up a website.

      The CD can be downloaded from the link below. Remember it is a "proof of
      concept", not a finished product. I need your feedback to build on this
      foundation. The CD image is 406MB. It can be slimmed significantly with more
      work.

      http://www.wordittux.net/lit/lit.iso

      Marcus

      http://www.wordit.com/words/