Children's creative outlook

  • ms@ms.lt
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2006
      Thank you, Jinan, for sharing the progress you are making in presenting the
      creative outlook of children in the villages. I share your request for help
      on a website. I am interested in ways that we might reward those in our lab
      who help you and others on such projects. Greetings from Cardiff, Wales
      where I'm at the TimebanksUK conference. Peace, Andrius

      Data , "jinankb" <kumbhammurals@...> Rašyta:

      http://www.openleader.com)

> [...]
      >and those you care for.
      >
      >Andrius
      >
      >Andrisu Kulikauskas
      >Minciu Sodas
      >http://www.ms.lt
      >ms@...
      >+370 (5) 264 5950
      >Vilnius, Lithuania
      >

      >jinankb wrote:
      >> Dear Andrius Kulikauskas
      >> Were you at the DYD2 conference in Banglore?
      >>
      >> I hope you wont mind my mail to you.
      >>
      >> I am exploring the possibilities of getting funds to do a documentation
      on
      >> indigenous childhood ( Games, toys, song and dance and also the day to
      day
      >> skills like cooking etc) both in movie and image form with supporting
      >> literature. Please go through the proposal and suggest to me who will be
      >> able to support this activity. I live in Kerala, India in a potters
      >> village for the past 12 years. Please see the site www.kumbham.org to see
      >> my work with the potters. I am involved in re looking at the cetrality of
      >> education in our lives. reviving traditional craft skills, indigenous
      >> learning process(Natural life long learning). I am re looking at the
      >> possibility of community as learning space where children are not
      >> regimented as is the case now in all schools including the so called
      >> alternative ones. I believe unconditional freedom, love and security is
      >> what a child needs and only this can bring about free, independent and
      >> loving adults. I am also re looking at the role of text/literacy in
      >> alienating humans from real eco centric knowledge and how indigenous
      >> knowledge is a result of non text mediated or experiential processes and
      >> also studying at which age and by what means these secondary means of
      >> knowing ( text, computer etc) should be introduced.
      >>
      >> Most of the indigenous revival/ recovery attempts are taking the western
      >> route. Recovering indigenous culture does not lie in getting back the
      >> artifacts from the western museums or doing all kinds of researches and
      >> documentation or sending our children to the present day schools. There
      is
      >> no true knowledge in the schools. it distorts the senses our door way to
      >> knowledge. It also destroys intuition, our very tool for acquiring ‘life
      >> sustaining wisdom knowledge’. In-fact recovering indigenous culture might
      >> even mean doing away with the present school system, the present
      >> institutions/museums, documentation etc. I feel it is already too late as
      >> even the definitions of knowledge, indigenous knowledge etc are also
      >> defined from the western point of view and most 'indigenous' people by
      >> getting educated ( conditioned) by western knowledge system are also
      >> trapped in to believing the western knowledge systems.
      >> I have attched a paper on de-textualising knowledge.
      >>
      >> I work independently with out any organization.
      >>
      >> Jinan
      >>
      >> * Documentation of informal learning (natural way of learning)
      among