857Help For Orphans International School

  • samuel kongere
    Apr 2, 2007

      Dear Edward, Andrius, Jackton, Helen and All,

      Pleasure and great to see much progress going on through here on our intended center for Orphans. The Help for Orphans International school is going to pick up in May and we are gettting our first registration of children for the school. This is going to be a great chance for the children and the entire community in Lambwe division in Suba district.

      We have taken the better part of our time to collect views of the community members and what they think about the school. There is something funny about the site where the school is, as most of the schools are in Mbita and its enviroment and the ones near here are far. The Help for Orphans International school in Lambwe is going to help the children much with the intended services.

      The Help for Orphans International school is co-founded by us and The Help for Orphans International, an organization helping children in developing countries from USA you can check our site www.helpfororphans.org our initiative will oversee that the children boarding in school and this will only be for orphans who cannot fend for themselves. The school will have solar panels to provide power., this will create an opportuinty for them to be introduced to computers and information technology .

      This educational aspect will attract younger and elderly members of the community who are rapidly gaining interest in the unique resources that use of computers have to offer. The  location will also provide business people with convenient access to their morning coffee kiosks and spiritual needs as a community.  At this initial stage we are in dear need of funds to start the feeding programme as we continue to bulid and buy the necessary equipment.

      As Edward mentions about One laptop for a child, many children can get this opportuinity to help them access information and share technology. In Moshi Tanzania Edward, we are going to connect you with a children's center there called 'Tunahaki'. 'Tunahaki' which is already connecting with organizations in USA and given they are in the coffee growing area of Kilimanjaro serves your purpose for connection. When we visit Moshi we will get you all the information in June.

      Happy Easter!!!

      MBITA  040305-KENYA.
      Cell: +254 725 600 439
      FOSS ADMIRER