Ken, Ricardo: Sneakernet Trial in Kenya

(4881)
  • ms@ms.lt
    Jun 19, 2012 Expand Messages
      > Dear Andrius,
      >
      > I hope this e-mail finds you well.  Are you still connected to Ken Owino
      > or Richard Freeman?  I came across their plan for a sneakernet in Kenya
      > and I was looking to pick their brains about their successes and
      > challenges.  I'm working on a similar communications method for folk
      > musicians to transfer large volumes of data between each other with higher
      > bandwidth than their incomes generally allow.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Mike Miller

      Hi Mike,

      Thank you for your interest in Ken and Ricardo's sneakernet work which my
      online laboratory, Minciu Sodas, facilitated. In 2010, I ended my lab and
      my own efforts. I will share your letter with the Mendenyo, Holistic
      Helping and Nafri yahoo groups where they were active:

      Kennedy Nielsen Owino now lives in Denmark with his wife Angelina. His
      Facebook page is:
      http://www.facebook.com/kennedy.n.owino?ref=ts

      Best wishes in your project!

      (773) 306-3807