4790Re: GREETINGS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR 2011 FROM ACTWID K. in CAMEROON

    Jan 16, 2011
      Dear Wendi, AK Friends, Pam, Andrius, and Everyone,

      How marvelous to hear from you, and Happiest New Year to all! It is very exciting and heartening to start 2011 off on such an inspiring note. You will undoubtedly be in a better position to get grants for your ICTs-related and other programs, and the website will help that as well.

      This Drupal option seems quite valuable, and I would also encourage you to update your Kabissa page(s), too. If you can do that quickly enough, there is a new round of grants just announced by Rising Voices, about which I can post here and to you. The proposal we worked on a couple years may still have some merit, and just need some updating. Or you may have other ideas in mind, with an expanded capacity.

      The Blogging Positively project, of which you have been a part, is hoping to expand this year, and a number of activities are in the works, such as a blog page, a wiki, monthly articles abt citizen-media and HIV/AIDS. It would be wonderful to have your participation in these activities! Tobias Eigen of Kabissa is very interested in partnering with us, so that would be a good linkage for you, being a Kabissa member.

      The health and environmental focal points you mention are crucial, and of course there are links between the two subjects. I believe Pam recently posted something about the importance of addressing climate change in Africa, and I have elsewhere read about the crucial participation of women in these activities.

      Your artemisia work needs to be brought to a much wider audience, and hopefully that can be done from several different sources, including your website and participation in forums like these, as well as HIV/AIDS-related work, ideally in conjunction with the Blogging Positively project, where you could blog abt the effects of artemisia on HIV/AIDS, for instance.

      I think it would also be good to revisit solar-related ideas and activities, which links to climate change and also computer usage (ie electrical generation).

      Can I ask who you are partnering with now on these activities, ie the center, website, computer acquisition?

      Thanks so much for your kind words about me, and I return the same to you, as I am always in awe of your creativity, resourcefulness, dedication, and caring.

      With love and greatest blessings for this year, and always! Janet