30Samwel - living comfortably & helping others

    Jan 28, 2006
      Samwel,

      Thank you for your update which I share below.

      Your key concept is "motivation through sacrifice" and your
      investigatory question is "How I can find for Myself and live
      Comfortably while helping others?" (If not, please update us!)

      Here is what would be very useful for our laboratory for you to do, if
      you are interested.
      I would like to know, What are business opportunities where you live
      that would let a person live comfortably while helping others? Could
      you find and describe 5 opportunities? And what level of literacy is
      needed for each? And a person who has achieved that opportunity? And,
      what exactly does it mean that they are living comfortably? What are
      the elements of living comfortably?

      This would help us know how we might help people like you
      on-the-ground. Also, we would learn what kind of literacy is
      important. I think this would also help Henry Migingo. His key concept
      is "thoughtful sharing" and his question is: How can I, as an
      individual, implement a bottom-up economy in Africa (begining with
      Kenya) so that we are economically independent?
      http://www.openleader.com/index.php/Cyfranogi/BottomUpEconomy Perhaps
      Henry might let us know how your research could help him answer his
      question.

      Also, Steve Bosserman's key concept is "social justice" and he is
      interested in a question related to "living comfortably": What can I do
      with others to advance social justice in the world by experimenting with
      social system rules that distribute influence more equitably among
      members and offer them a wider range of choices? The metric for me is
      food security and safety. If people don't have a steady supply of
      affordable, healthy food, then there is no social justice. How to
      advance community currency as a way to fairly compensate people for
      their value add?

      Also, perhaps Steve might be interested to give you some of his "time
      awards" if you can do some research for him. I will look for more ways
      to make our time awards useful.

      Samwel, if you can study successful people, perhaps talk with them, and
      describe the elements of "living comfortably", then we will know more
      about people's "motivation" and how we can design community currencies.
      Where there is "motivation through sacrifice" (people inspired by
      sacrifice) then we may find other dimensions of comfort that motivate
      people, not just money. If you might tell us examples of "motivation
      through sacrifice", that would also help. Do you see any examples of
      people who are "living comfortably and helping others"?

      Samwel, let's see what you can discover for us by the end of February.
      Then you will be done with this work. We may then think about what you
      learn. Perhaps we might then look for ways to support the kinds of
      business opportunities that you find. We'll be able to think about that.

      and share occassional letters with other groups as well.

      Any thoughts?

      +370 (699) 30003
      Vilnius, Lithuania

      samwel kongere wrote:

      Dear Andrius,

      I have just emailed the links of emails to Janet and hope she will now
      invite them to our group. people here and there want linux operators and
      this is something very interestting for me I am planning to send my
      plans and agenda After the workshop and see what of the campaign I am
      going to take concerning open source software.

      What do you think I can do to our lab to help my campaign? and if I buy
      one Computer because I am paying a depost fee to one on the balance I
      remained with.My full time connectivity will still pause me problems and
      questions and these are the few hints I need to Address before I go, you
      Have to give some hints on Open source and I will share my agenda with
      you....and something about my literacy and sanck business, this can keep
      comfortable.

      You, said I was to do something for the lab ie January and Febraury can
      you now come clear on this and i start the Job?

      Thanks very much for linking me and I still need some basic hints on
      linux, i have helped create KENYA Open source Group where we will be
      sending many campaign results all over.

      Have agood day.

      Sam