212Re: [holistichelping] Re: [aryi] Re: Meet Maria Agnese Giraudo: Visiting Tanzania and Kenya in July-August (publishing a focus)

  • Maria Agnese Giraudo
    Aug 7, 2006
      Dear Jeff and all,

      thanks for your message. You inspire me new ideas and I  agree  with you on the content of it. I'll answer you later.
      Please Samwel and Kennedy join to   this discussion. I'm so happy to meet you and find a good enviroment  for my growth too!
      Kwaheri!
      Maria Agnese Giraudo

      Jeff Buderer <jeff@...> ha scritto:
      Hi Maria,

      Truth is we are all so busy and so we do the best we can.

      Thats an interesting point it may well be that the capacities of local
      people are superior to those who come in to supposedly help them. That
      is why it is to me at least to see it as a process of mutual growth and
      development rather than a one sided equation.

      The development community is in like all establishment structures in
      upheaval. Hopefully what will emerge is that something that is in
      realization that the idea of development is a fluid concept. Is a
      country that encourages waste of resources to the extent the USA does
      really all that advanced?

      Someone once pointed out that the value of the work being done in
      developing countries is many cases of the same quality than that of what
      is being done in affluent ones yet people are not being paid the same
      amount to that work. Some might that the distinction between developing
      and undeveloping is more of a psychological construct of presumed
      superiority and inferiority than it is any real inability to perform
      work effectively. In addition this psychological lack of value is
      reinforced and supported by established economic structures and
      instruments of power and control.

      Jeff

      Agnese Giraudo wrote:

      > Dear Jeff and all,
      > I'm sorry I couldn't answer you before. I really appreciated what
      you wrote and I like to confront myself with people like you. I'm fully
      involved now in the life year. Two young people I caring for, the
      project of women who is not yet started and perhaps it will start later.
      I'm in touch with peole in Kenya through Janet and I'm a little worry
      of expectations they have. Janet is helping me so much. The matter is
      that what comes from Europe and west world is not always good, and
      people are not always skilled. I think that is not possible generalize
      but I think that skilled local people can work in much more effective
      way that foreners. So I'm very convinced that we must at first
      collaborate to develop local skills and therefore to increase the
      capacity of woking.
> [...]
      in many
      > regions to operate effectively given the many logistical
      challenges as
      > well as in many cases a culture of dispair and depression about what
      > seems like solving overwhelming problems. That is I feel the best
      way to
      > overcome those issues of prejudices - to understand the challenges of
      > everyday life in Africa as well as in other developing regions of the
      > world and to talk about them in a way similar to the manner you have
      > initiated here.
      >
      > Jeff
      >
      > Agnese Giraudo wrote:
      >
      > > Dear all,
      > > Thanks Janet for your message, I would like to meet you, where are
      > you now?
      > > I thank very much everybody, at first Andrius, for this great
      > creative work in sharing ideas and collaboration together. I
      would like
      > to share with you some basic ideas of our collaboration. I'm very
      > frustrated because of failure of a project in Tanzania. I' m not very
      > experienced although I'm a middle aged woman. I want to learn from
      > this experience and I want to stop prejudices between local
      people and
      > people like me coming from Europe or USA. I strongly believe that the
      > only way to succeed is mutual understanding and collaboration. So I
      > would like to discuss with everybody how to put it in practice.
      > > I'm very happy that Leonard Boniface contacted me and I 'll
      meet him
      > in DAR as soon as possible. Leaonard is very active in working in
      > different projects for youth for education and HIV/AIDS prevention ,
      > who sent me his project
      > > Mobile Youth Container Bus Centre in Tanzania bonnylenny@yahoo. com
      > > I hope that he is in touch with you, anyway I'll invite you to
      > cantact him.
      > > I'll meet Helen Maloo too, a young Tanzanian girl. Please don't
      > have great expectations, I'm just a librarian but I want to go in
      deep
      > in this issue of collaboration.
      > > Now I'm in Sanaa and I enjoy this beautiful town and so kind
      people!
      > > All the best!
      > > Maria Agnese Giraudo
      > >
      > > "kaippg@earthlink. net" <kaippg@earthlink. net> ha scritto:
      > >
      > > Dear Charles, Kennedy, Maria Agnese, and All,
      > >
      > > Hello and excellent to hear from you both! I will post this to
      > Holistic Helping too, where the message and discussion
      originated, and
      > Kennedy, it would be excellent if you can take charge of linking up
      > Charles, Sam, yourself, and Maria Agnese! Charles, delighted by your
      > interest, and so glad to see you are in Kisumu.
      > >
      > > I have friends (orgs) there--3 of which are ARYI members (Lake
      > Fellowship, YES Club, and St. Rita's)--and others including Reachout,
      > Deaf Impact Ministry, WiRED Kenya, Children First (formerly St.
      Anne's

      http://www.findbett erways.info/ wiki.cgi? FindBetterWays/ LocalPublishing