1347Re: [holistichelping] Topics for Video Bridges?

    Sep 1 7:03 PM
      Dear All,

      Exciting activities, plans, and possible synergies and directions!

      A couple things come to mind: several weeks ago I posted to Andrius about possible linkages--in the form of webinars, video-bridges, chats--between ActALIVE (www.actalive.org) and MS forums.

      ActALIVE is a global arts coalition whose members use arts to address HIV/AIDS and development issues, with members in at least 30 countries. Artists and anyone addressing health and development topics could be included in one of these bridges. There are some ActALIVE members at HH (and vice versa) already.

      Linking communities and individuals who are differently-abled, and/or involved/interested in same, is another possible topic. You have mentioned something like this to Tom Ochuka in a recent note, Andrius.

      On your immediate request, it seems the easiest way for these artists to gain exposure would be virtually, ie via virtual gallery. Also possibly organizing a physical exhibit for travel, and linking with diaspora communities around the world. Ask these communities to help do outreach to galleries and other venues.

      The European Union should have a cultural-exchange program and be supportive of cultural activities, so finding who to link with in that regard within Lithuania will hopefully open opportunities for travelling exhibits within the EU, and possibly beyond.

      With a bit more time, I might be able to find people to be involved in this kind of bridge. If I can do so this coming week, I will, but I have full-time care of my father until we can get help, so I may not have time to do outreach for next Sunday.

      I look forward to finding ways in which MS and oneVillage can work together, too, as both have so much in common re goals, outlook, and vision. If there is anything I can do to be of service in this regard, plz let me know.

      With blessings and excitement, Janet