Re: Number of Players

  • JohnBench5@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 1999
      Does anyone know the number of players a team could dress in the 1966-67
      season? Is it 16 players and 2 goalies? I know it was changed in the mid-late
      70's, but I'm not sure when exactly or to how many players.

      Thanks
      John Mettler
    • DDiam48@xxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 1999
        Happy New Year!

        In 1966-67, NHL teams were permitted to dress 16 players plus two
        goaltenders. The rule was changed prior to the 1965-66 season, when the two
        goaltender rule was introduced. Prior to the 1971-72 season, the NHL upped
        the ante to 17 players plus netminders.

        James D.