Re: World Record: Least SoG for a winning team?

  • Jeff Wood
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
      Here is a boxscore from that Toronto-St.Louis game. Brent Johnson faced the
      first five Leaf shots and let in three goals. Jim Carey faced the final four
      shots and let in one goal. In fact the Leafs at one point in this game had
      scored on four of six shots.

      Toronto 1 3 0--4
      St Louis 0 0 0--0

      FIRST PERIOD -- Scoring:
      1, Toronto, Sullivan 13 (Johnson), 11:03
      Penalties:
      Persson, STL (hooking), 12:58

      SECOND PERIOD -- Scoring:
      2, Toronto, Sundin 23 (Thomas, Karpovtsev), 2:13
      3, Toronto, Bohonos 1 (Cote, Thomas), 5:58
      4, Toronto, Valk 7 (Korolev), 18:29
      Penalties:
      Bergevin, STL (misconduct), 18:29

      THIRD PERIOD -- Scoring:
      None
      Penalties:
      Karpovtsev, TOR (high sticking), 0:35
      Korolev, TOR (ob holding), 9:48
      Young, STL (ob hooking), 12:52

      Shots on Goal:
      Toronto 3 4 2--9
      St Louis 10 8 10--28

      Goalies:
      Toronto, Joseph (28 shots, 28 saves; record: 27-18-5)
      St Louis, Johnson (5, 2; record: 3-1-0)
      Carey (5:58 of 2nd period, 4, 3)

      Power-play conversions: TOR - 0 of 2, STL - 0 of 2
      Referees: LaRue
      Linesmen: D McCourt, Schachte
      Attendance: 15,481 (out of 19,260)

      >From: "Patrick Herrington" <leafman67@...>
      >To: hockhist@onelist.com
      >Subject: Re: [hockhist] World Record: Least SoG for a winning team?
      >Date: Wed, 01 Dec 1999 12:01:17 PST
      >
      >From: "Patrick Herrington" <leafman67@...>
      >

      >>From: "Mike & Amanda Ewer" <design31@...>
      >>To: <hockhist@onelist.com>
      >>Subject: [hockhist] World Record: Least SoG for a winning team?
      >>Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 13:14:49 -0500
      >>
      >><< text2.html >>
      >><< text3.html >>
      >

      >Last year, the Toronto Maple Leafs defeated the St. Louis Blues on March
      >4th, in St. Louis. The Leafs had 9 shots, tying an NHL record, and won the
      >game 4-0. This means that the Blues goalie, I think it was Grant Fuhr, had
      >game save percentage of .556.
      >
      > Patrick Herrington
      >
      >LEAFMAN'S HOCKEY TRIVIA http://hey.to/leafman LEAFMAN'S HOCKEY TRIVIA
      >
      >>This has been a Hockey History List mailing
      ><A HREF=http://www.enol.com/~liebmann/hockey/hockhist.htm>Our Homepage</A>
      >The Hockey History List is the official mailing list of the Hockey Research
      >Association (HRA)

    • Patrick Herrington
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 1999
        Sorry about that, the goalie was Jon Casey.