Re: Peter Puck

  • W. Lane Startin
    Message 1 of 20 , Jan 1, 1999
      I found this book on Amazon.com under the ISBN 0890090394. As I
      suspected, it's out of print. The exact title is Peter Puck: Love That
      Hockey Game.

      You can order out of print books on Amazon, but there's no guarantee
      they'll be able to find it. The book was nowhere to be found on the
      Barnes & Noble site or on chaptersglobe.com (which is basically the
      Canadian version of Amazon, although it's a different company).

      andrew wrote:

      > From: "andrew " <cabou@...>
      >
      > Hi
      > I have a Peter Puck book called love that hockey game. I got in 1975
      > when I was 7. I don't know if you can get it any where bit the info on the
      > inside front cover is: Methuen (canada) ISBN 0-458-91210-7
      > Derbibooks (USA) ISBN 0-890090039-4
      > Library of Congress catalog number 75-900
      > I hope this helps any one looking for the Peter Puck book.
      > Andrew

      W. Lane Startin
      Books, Hockey and More
      Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
      faustus@...
      ICQ: 2343757

      http://www.chinet.com/~faustus/
      http://www.chinet.com/~faustus/quebec/
      http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/Arena/2774/
      http://members.tripod.com/~faustus/

      "Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggie!' until you
      can find a rock"
      -Wynn Catlin
    • Kenneth R. Holdren
      Message 2 of 20 , Apr 1, 1999
        On 4/1/99--Pattie wrote:

        >My husband and I hit a few cities in Canada for our honeymoon in 1995, including the ubiquitous
        Niagra Falls. Brian McFarlane has (had?) a small hockey museum in Niagra Falls, and I remember one
        corner was sectioned off for Peter Puck memorabilia. There was a TV/VCR showing non-stop Peter
        Puck videos with a huge Peter Puck doll perched on top. I *think* (but it has been a few years, so
        I could well be wrong) that he may have sold some Peter Puck videos in the museum gift shop.

        ***

        I was in Niagara during 1996, wish I had know it existed. Would have loved to have seen that
        place, I drooled enough over the Hall of Fame in Toronto, this place would have been interesting to
        see.

        MY last AAA book on Ontario (1996) does not list it but that isn't surprising, considering the
        amount of places that are not mentioned in their book.

        ***

        >Perhaps videos on the list closer to Niagra Falls knows?

        ***

        Err...Pattie.....your video tapes are talking to you again? LOL

        ===
        Kenneth
        (krholdren@...)
      • Jeff Chapman
        Message 3 of 20 , Apr 1, 1999
          Date sent: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 16:42:25 -0800 (PST)
          From: "Kenneth R. Holdren" <krholdren@...>
          To: hockhist@onelist.com
          Send reply to: hockhist@onelist.com
          Subject: [hockhist] Re: Peter Puck

          > I was in Niagara during 1996, wish I had know it existed. Would have
          > loved to have seen that place, I drooled enough over the Hall of Fame in
          > Toronto, this place would have been interesting to see.
          >
          > MY last AAA book on Ontario (1996) does not list it but that isn't
          > surprising, considering the amount of places that are not mentioned in
          > their book.

          I believe McFarlane sold the place off, or is in the process of trying to sell it off.

          Jeff Chapman
          President
          Chapman Sports Research
          jchap@...

          WATCH FOR ULTIMATE HOCKEY......Fall 1999
        • Patricia C. Anderson
          Message 4 of 20 , Apr 3, 1999
            "Kenneth R. Holdren" wrote:

            > On 4/1/99--Pattie wrote:
            [snip]

            > >Perhaps videos on the list closer to Niagra Falls knows?
            >
            > ***
            >
            > Err...Pattie.....your video tapes are talking to you again? LOL

            Um, more like user error associated with Mail Start's spell checking
            program. For some reason, after I made corrections and re-ran the spell
            checker, it did some type of replace, shifting the questionable words
            down. I thought I had fixed them all but I must have missed one. Maybe
            I should just learn to type correctly to save myself the trouble. ;-)

            Pattie
            --
            Patricia C. Anderson
            http://www.geocities.com/~pattiea
            Message 5 of 20 , Apr 5, 1999
              Are there any Canes fans on the list? I went down for 3 games last
              season and I believe they showed Peter Puck bits during each period
              break. At least they showed some sort of dated animated bit which I
              assumed was Peter Puck (some of the info in the bit I stayed in my seat
              to watch was -- and has been for some time -- incorrect).
            • D.S. Walters
              Message 6 of 20 , Apr 6, 1999
                I'm a 'canes fan and hope to be going up for the regular season closer against the Sens on the
                17th. I'll try to keep an eye out if it happens...

                But since I haven't a clue who/what Peter Puck is, you'd better give me the Cliff Notes version
                of what I'm looking at/for <g>

                Stranger

                Devs Rule wrote:

                > From: "Devs Rule" <devs_rule@...>
                >
                > Are there any Canes fans on the list? I went down for 3 games last
                > season and I believe they showed Peter Puck bits during each period
                > break. At least they showed some sort of dated animated bit which I
                > assumed was Peter Puck (some of the info in the bit I stayed in my seat
                > to watch was -- and has been for some time -- incorrect).

              • Marc Foster
                Message 7 of 20 , Sep 22, 2000
                  If anyone can help this person I'd appreciate it. Didn't someone mention
                  a Peter Puck website some time back?

                  Marc

                  Tgrgrwl@... wrote:

                  > Hi, my name is David and I have played hockey now for 16
                  > years and my dad is a really big hockey fan. Well he has been searching
                  > endlessly for information regarding to "Peter Puck." I guess it was a
                  > cartoon figure of a puck that would come on during intermissions and talk
                  > about hockey. My dad has done everything he knows to try and find it and
                  > he's not giving up he's just slowing down and it would mean a great deal to
                  > him if I could recieve some info on where i can maybe purchase tapes or even
                  > a site we could go to find out more about him. I would really appreciate any
                  > knowledge from anybody.
                  >
                  > Thanks
                  > David
                • Pattie Anderson
                  Message 8 of 20 , Sep 22, 2000
                    During our honeymoon in July 1995, we hit the Hockey
                    Museum in Niagara Falls, which is owned by Brian
                    McFarlane. At that time, the museum had Peter Puck
                    memorabilia on display (I remmeber a TV set playing PP
                    videos with a huge PP doll draped over the top), in
                    part because McFarlane owned the rights to Peter Puck.
                    I think there were tapes for sale, but my memory is a
                    bit fuzzy on that. That was five years ago, so I
                    don't know if that holds true today.

                    There's an (undated) article about the alleged return
                    on Peter Puck at:

                    http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

                    Hope this helps!

                    Pattie

                    --- Marc Foster <mfoster@...> wrote:

                    > If anyone can help this person I'd appreciate it.
                    > Didn't someone mention
                    > a Peter Puck website some time back?
                    >
                    > Marc
                    >
                    > Tgrgrwl@... wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Hi, my name is David and I have
                    > played hockey now for 16
                    > > years and my dad is a really big hockey fan. Well
                    > he has been searching
                    > > endlessly for information regarding to "Peter
                    > Puck." [snip]

                    =====
                    Pattie Anderson <pattiea@...>
                    http://www.geocities.com/pattie_a/
                    "He who follows his own advice must take
                    the consequences." ~ Mexican proverb

                    http://im.yahoo.com/
                  • Ralph Slate
                    Message 9 of 20 , Sep 22, 2000
                      >There's an (undated) article about the alleged return
                      >on Peter Puck at:
                      >
                      >http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

                      On an unrelated note, that article was written by Chuck Miller, who used to write for Hockey Ink!. He has some other good articles on that site:

                      http://hometown.aol.com/boardwalk7/ehl.html
                      http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/boardwalk7/AHL1942.pdf
                      http://hometown.aol.com/boardwalk7/choppers.html

                      Ralph
                    • Stu McMurray
                      Message 10 of 20 , Sep 22, 2000
                        I never knew that Micky Dolenz was the voice of Peter Puck. Jeez, you never
                        know what you'll learn with this group. First, the real names for Stelco &
                        Dofasco (thanks Lloyd) and now this...

                        http://members.aol.com/boardwalk7/petepuck.html

                        Stu
                      • Hal Knudsen
                        Message 11 of 20 , Oct 4, 2000
                          I would contact hockey night in canada,molstar productions or dave hodge.

                          http://profiles.msn.com
                        • hockey collector
                          Message 12 of 20 , Dec 27, 2007
                            For you Peter Puck fans:

                            http://cyberstore.hhof.com/HockeyHallOfFame/ctl4080/cp22273/si2930910/cl1/pe
                            terpuckthecompleteoriginalseriesdvd

                            --KL

                          • Swanrvr80@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 20 , Dec 28, 2007
                              Is this the same Peter Puck dvd that's on amazon.ca? The price there is
                              only 10.39 instead of 19.99. Here's a link:

                              _http://www.amazon.ca/Peter-Puck-How-Play-Gam/dp/B000XPSC02/ref=pd_bowtega_1?i
                              e=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1198836698&sr=1-1_
                              (http://www.amazon.ca/Peter-Puck-How-Play-Gam/dp/B000XPSC02/ref=pd_bowtega_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1198836698&sr=1-1)

                              In a message dated 12/27/2007 5:09:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                              hockeycollector@... writes:

                              For you Peter Puck fans:

                              _http://cyberstore.http://cyhttp://cyberstorhttp://cyhttp://cyberstorhttp://c_

                              (http://cyberstore.hhof.com/HockeyHallOfFame/ctl4080/cp22273/si2930910/cl1/pe)