Jewish NHL players

  • rockstar
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 20, 1999
      I thought the list of black NHLers was a nice reference sheet to print out. Anyone ever compile a list of Jewish NHLers? I'd love to have a list as complete as possible.

      I know Mathieu Schneider is Jewish and I am assuming that Eric Weinrich is also Jewish. Any help on this is appreciated.

      Keith Lenn
      Keith@...
      http://www.HockeySandwich.com
    • Frank TEX Liebmann
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 20, 1999
        Keith,

        We had this discussion in July. If you'd like, go to:

        http://www.onelist.com/messages/hockhist

        and search the archive for Jewish. You'll get about eight messages. If
        you would compile a list, and post it, we''ll see if anybody else has
        additions.

        Frank

      • DSNTIM@xxx.xxx
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 20, 1999
          If I remember correctly, former Chicago goalie Mike Veisor falls in this
          category.

          Tim Waldal
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 21, 1999
            Add on Mike Hartman who actually participated in the Maccabiah Games a few
            years back. I forget where I read that.

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 21, 1999
[...]

              Panthers, and (I believe) was recently signed by the Toronto Maple Leafs to
              a minor league contract.

              Mike Henrich, Edmonton's number one. Another ex NHLer is Mike Hartman
              Derek Chaiken
              Commissioner of GLHL
              http://members.xoom.com/GLHL/
              GLHL- Red Wings
              SSHL- Red Wings
              AHL- Sharks
              FHL- Canadiens
              GHL- Rabid Chickens
              IAHL- Red Wings
              We had this discussion in July. If you'd like, go to:

              http://www.onelist.com/messages/hockhist

              and search the archive for Jewish. You'll get about eight messages. If you would compile a list, and post it, we''ll see if anybody else has additions.

              Frank

              rockstar wrote:

              I thought the list of black NHLers was a nice reference sheet to print out. Anyone ever compile a list of Jewish NHLers? I'd love to have a list as complete as possible. I know Mathieu Schneider is Jewish and I am assuming that Eric Weinrich is also Jewish. Any help on this is appreciated. Keith LennKeith@...://www.HockeySandwich.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 21, 1999
                Mike Veisor and Bernie Wolfe were also Jewish goalies.

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 21, 1999