Re: 1960s NHL draft info needed

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6, 2013
      Interesting as I never saw this on any career box or even when I read some
      bios Stan Fischler did of these guys in an old book about minor pro. Now
      there was one issue, you were restricted in what you could do with guys like
      that,, if a guy was taken on the old Inter League draft and sent down he had
      to first be offered to his old minor pro club as half the draft price a and
      then if nit claimed offered to NHL clubs in waivers. Intra League Draft guys
      had to be placed on the NHL Reserve list. So the one thing that I can think
      of is maybe the Hawks tried to demote Wakely and he was claimed back by
      Quebec and that maybe the Leafs tried to put Van Impe on a minor pro list
      and the Hawks took him back off waivers..