Intanigible Index

  • MoreyH
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2013
      I'm working on a new statistic that involved the recently completed first two round of the playoffs an am curious as to some feedback. Because I am on the West Coast, I don't get the luxury of leaving work early to watch the East Coast playoff games.

      Anyway, I'm creating a metric called the Intangible Index and am attempting to show which players are most valuable based on numerous factors.

      Those of you who follow a favorite team, I would appreciate feedback. I've listed the MVP for each team from each round. (I've having a hard time placing a weight on a 4-game sweep versus a 7-game beatdown, as well as a first round series vs. a tougher second round series.)

      I've seen the ANA-DET; LA-STL; and LA-SJ series mostly in their entirety, so I am convinced that in my small sample, my index is reasonably accurate.

      First Round:
      ANA - Hiller 236 (Beauchemin 189)
      DET - Howard 236 (Zetterberg 212)

      LA - Doughty 222