Average height & weight

  • GEORGE GRIMM
    Message 1 of 5 , May 29, 2013
      Hello all,
      Does anyone know of a site where I can find the average height, weight and age of NHL players in 1964?

      Many thanks,
      George Grimm
      Airmont NY.

    • James Milks
      Message 2 of 5 , May 29, 2013
        Based on the data in the SIHR database, the average height of the 135
        skaters is* 5 feet 9.17 inches*. The shortest was 5,7 and the tallest 6,3.

        The 16 goalies averaged *5 feet 8.07 inches*, ranging from 5,6 to 6,0.

        I cannot attest to the accuracy of this data, as often players are entered
        as juniors and never updated once they get to the pros at which point they
        may have grown several inches. This is even more of an issue with current
        players who get logged in midget.

        On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:26 AM, GEORGE GRIMM <ggnyr@...> wrote:

        > **
        >

        > Hello all,
        > Does anyone know of a site where I can find the average height, weight and
        > age of NHL players in 1964?
        >
        > Many thanks,
        > George Grimm
        > Airmont NY.

      • DAVE SOUTTER
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29, 2013
          Any stats on average weight from the same period?

          --Dave Soutter
          Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2013
            Goalies: 173 lbs
            Skaters: 181 lbs

            On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 12:14 PM, DAVE SOUTTER <dsoutter@...> wrote:

            > Any stats on average weight from the same period?
            >
            > --Dave Soutter
            > Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

          • GEORGE GRIMM
            Message 5 of 5 , May 30, 2013