Re: [hockhist] The Hockey News Archives

  • James Milks
    Message 1 of 33 , May 15, 2013
      This just in on the SIHR eList:

      Just to let everyone know that I am working with the Hockey News to have
      every issue from 1947 to the present digitized and put on a CD or made
      available online. The indexes from 1947 to 1987 will likely be digitized as
      well. The Hockey News has expressed great interest in this and I have a
      meeting with the editor of the Hockey News on Monday to see if things can
      be worked out. Having a searchable database of all the Hockey News issues
      would be a great help to researchers.

      On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM, <eschneidman@...> wrote:

      > **
      >

      > I have a copy of the Hockey News archives from 1947-1987 on Microfiche. I
      > am thinking of transferring the microfiche onto a DVD. With the DVD you
      > will be able to read every issue of the Hockey News from 1947-1987. Let me
      > know if you are interested in this project by responding to this post or by
      > sending me an email directly.
      >
      > Erle

    • Jamie McCallum
      Message 33 of 33 , May 22, 2013
        I would help out any way that i could...