Re: [hockhist] Re: The Hockey News Archives

  • Zpmboca
    Message 1 of 33 , May 9 5:38 AM
      That's encouraging news. Please keep us posted on the next step.

      Von: MoreyH <epenaltybox@...>
      n: hockhist@yahoogroups.com
      esendet: 17:02 Dienstag, 7.Mai 2013
      etreff: [hockhist] Re: The Hockey News Archives

      00 researchers is hardly going to cause economic harm to TM, especially when
      ixed with Fair Use for research purposes.
      Here is the current info...
      http://copyright.cornell.edu/resources/publicdomain.cfm
      Also,
      http://www.nlm.nih.gov/hmd/copyright/copylawguidance.html#published
      Making your determination
      After gathering whatever the available facts are about the rights associated
      ith the item, consider how you plan to use the item.
      an your use be considered fair use? Section 107 of the U.S. Copyright law
      ontains a list of the various purposes for which the reproduction of a
      articular work may be considered fair, such as criticism, comment, news
      eporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. (Copyright fact sheet on fair
      se, http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.pdf)
      ow commercial is your use? In general, the more money you make, the more you
      re at risk. One of the rights accorded to the copyright owner is the right to
      eproduce, or to authorize others to reproduce the work and thereby benefit
      conomically. However, the language of copyright law (http://www.copyright.gov/fls/fl102.pdf)
      akes clear that the commercial vs. nonprofit educational purpose of a work is
      nly one factor to consider when making a fair use determination. Accordingly,
      he mere fact that a use is educational and not for profit does not insulate it
      rom a finding of infringement, any more than the commercial character of a use
      ars a finding of fairness. (U.S. Supreme Court Campbell v. Acuff-Rose Music,
      nc., 1994.)
      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "Erle Schneidman" <eschneidman@...> wrote:

      Frank,

      Is this true?

      Erle

      _____

      Message 33 of 33 , May 22 8:57 PM
        I would help out any way that i could...