RE: [hockhist] The Hockey News Archives

  • Erle Schneidman
    Message 1 of 33 , Apr 29, 2013
      Peter,

      I am in the process of digitally transferring the microfiche of the 1st 40
      volumes (1947-1987) of The Hockey News into a pdf format with each issue of
      the hockey news being a separate pdf file and the pages of that issue being
      the pages of the file. There will be 2 versions of the transfer: Black &
      White which is better for text and Grey Scale which is better for images,
      cartoons and ads. I have attached an example from Dec. 31, 1947 of both
      versions along with a cartoon which I cropped from that page. Once
      completed, all 40 volumes will be placed on DVD's or a USB.

      The total cost of the project will be $2500.00. I am looking for 10 parties
      to invest $250. In return, you will receive a DVD or USB with the complete
      40 volumes transferred in the 2 formats.

      Let me know if you are interested,

      Erle

      _____

      Message 33 of 33 , May 22, 2013
        I would help out any way that i could...