Re: [hockhist] profile on Emile Francis

  • Swanrvr80@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
      Hey Matt,

      That was a good overview of Emile Francis' career. I woudn't call the
      Berenson & Plager trade to St. Louis a clunker, though, as he got Ron Stewart.
      Francis told me that Stewart was the best two-way player he ever coached.
      One bad trade does come to mind, he did regret trading Andre Dupont.

      Jay

    • DAVE SOUTTER
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 3, 2013
        Matt:

        Nice profile. When he ran the Blues, future HOFer Joe Mullen was another tremendous player Francis brought to St. Louis.

        Later, in Hartford, Francis brought several ex-Blues besides Liut and Babych to the Whalers organization including Tony Currie, Mike Crombeen, Mark Reeds, Jack Brownschidle, Bob Crawford, Mike Zuke, and Ed Staniowski. Also, Francis signed Jack Evans as head coach of the Whalers, who had coached the Salt Lake Golden Eagles, the Blues CHL affiliate in the late 70s and early 80s.

        --Dave Soutter
        Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile