Stanley Cup Question

  • Mike Witty
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 14, 2012
      Just wondering... With the NHL lockout from a few years ago that caused the whole season to be cancelled, the Stanley Cup was not played for. There was a court case that challenged that the NHL did not "own" the Stanley Cup and should be placed back into the trust of the Trustees. The court decidd that if the NHL does not compete for the Cup, other leagues/teams have the right to challenge. I am wondering if this can really happen this season if the NHL does not operate during the 2012-13 season...And who should be allowed to partake. I have an idea...I will post my idea after a few others reply... MIke