NHL Awards shows and thoughts of old days

  • mhdibiase
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 21, 2012
      I was watching the NHL awards show last night and seeing Ted Lindsay presenting his namesake award to Evgeni Malkin got me to thinking about the great players from the old days.

      I couldn't help but wonder what it would have been like if they had had an awards show like they do today back in the 1950s and 1960s and 1970s and presented the awards to the greats back then.

      I tried to place Gordie Howe or Rocket Richard or Terry Sawchuk in the context of today's Vegas/Hollywood glitz.

      One wonders how they would have responded to it.

      I try to picture Punch Imlach being awarded the Jack Adams award or Jack Adams getting the GM Award.

      Has anyone ever interviewed some of the old legends and get their opinions about today's awards ceremony shows? Any comments or opinions from the game's legends???

      Matt