Re: Chris Butler, -7 tonight

  • Forever1940
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
      It's definitely not the worst by himself -- Doug Wilson was -7 for SJ in a 13-1 loss to Calgary on 2-10-93. That's the only other time it has happened since 1988.

      Robert Reichel was +7 in that same game, but it was Theo Fleury who had a season worth of plusses that night. Fleury was +9, the only time since 1988 an NHL player was better than +7.

      --- In hockhist@yahoogroups.com, "francz39" <francz39@...> wrote:

      > Chris Butler of the Calgary Flames was a -7 during tonight's 9-0 loss to the Boston Bruins. He accomplished this during 18:50 of even strength ice time. Does anybody know if a -7 is the worst single game in NHL history?
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Rob in 905

    • Rob Swiniarski
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 6, 2012
        Thanks, Michael.  I see somebody updated it with Chris Butler's line already.  NHL.com last night mentioned that the last -7 was by Doug Wilson in 1993.

        Somebody on the Yahoo! comments board noted that T.J. Brodie managed to play just under 25 minutes for the Flames and was a "0", a line which might be even more amazing than Butler's.

        Rob in 905